• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shackbash needs our help

Hope recovery goes well, I'm sure glad your on the road back. I hope your on the ice soon, but more importantly home with your family. It makes you realized every holiday season is a gift from god. Enjoy it.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hey Josh,

we REALLY miss ya dude.

Very happy to hear that things are picking up for you.

Looking forward to your recovery process. We're here for you sir!!! smile

My wife and I have been reading all of the Caring Bridge reports ever since the beginning and all I can say is WOW!

Wow because I can't believe what this illnes can do to a guy and wow because Josh has such a loving and supportive family.

Keep up the good work everyone, something is working!

Get better soon Shack!

The Vikes are kicking some serious behind, we need Shack back here to help ward off the evil Packer fans and their never ending smack talk laugh !!!!

Get well soon buddy and God bless.

Yeah, wouldn't you know it! The one time the Vikes have a decent season and a guy has to miss it all because of a stupid(but scary) illness!

I pulled this from the caring bridge site.

BIG, BIG, BIG NEWS!

A little after 12PM today Josh's breathing tube was removed. It is now 4PM and he is doing great - his sat is in the upper 90's and they haven't even done blood gases because he is doing so well. He is on supportive oxygen via a mask and is talking (in a very deep husky voice) to us frequently.​ He is very aware of everything that is and has been going on here, it is almost hard to keep up with him! In fact he is very concerned about his noisy ICU neighbor! He didn't have physical therapy today because of all that was going on but he did alot of exercises in his bed to continue getting stronger. Tomorrow he will be evaluated by speech therapy and then will probably start to be able to drink & eat. At this point we do not know what the next step will be (rehab) but he is progressing so quickly that, yes, it is possible that Josh will be home with his family by Christmas if all goes well. This has literally been a week full of miracles! It is so nice to see Josh breathing on his own and talking again. He was told today that he did set the record at the U of M for being on the Oscillator longest and that he is the quickest recovery so far. That's our Josh! We were told before the breathing tube was removed that there still could be a slight chance that Josh won't be able to maintain sufficient oxygen during therapy or sleep and that he may still need a trach but so far everything is looking good and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Josh is a little tired out and has been busy clearing the junk out of his lungs - he is doing his own suctioning and his hand coordinatio​n has improved today. He is also doing alot of hand shaking with the staff (reminds me of his Grandpa) and I have seen him smile many times this afternoon...​and I haven't quit smiling.

I remember a controversial post about ML crappies that Josh was involved with. He said to me one time, “I can’t believe that post has over 10k views.”

Well guess what Josh, this thread kicked that one in the tail and really shows that there are some great people in the world.

Sounds like things are progressing nicely for you. Hope to hear from you soon!