• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shackbash needs our help

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to receive Journal update notification e-mails.

BENEFIT FOR JOSH

"SHACK IS BACK"

Saturday, January 30th

The Links at Northfork Banquet Center

-------------------------------------------

WE ARE IN THE BEGINNING STAGES OF PLANNING THE BENEFIT (LESS THAN 7 WEEKS AWAY) AND NEED ALL THE HELP THAT WE CAN GET.

OUR FIRST MEETING WILL BE HELD THIS TUESDAY EVENING. ANYONE WILLING TO MEET AND DISCUSS PLANS PLEASE COME AND SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE THIS EVENT SUCCESSFUL.

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15TH 5PM - 7PM

BROADWAY BAR & PIZZA

DINING ROOM

16754 HIGHWAY 10, ELK RIVER

#763-441-5180

OUR GOAL IS TO RAISE FUNDS FOR JOSH AND HIS FAMILY TO GO TOWARDS THEIR MEDICAL AND HOUSEHOLD EXPENSES.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EITHER EMAIL OR CALL ME.

THANK YOU,

Sue Myhre

[email protected]

Home #763-441-2139

Cell # 651-334-6776

Been following this story in the forums and all I can say is what amazing family and friends shack has. Tells you what kind of person he is without ever meeting him. Glad to hear of his recovery and all the fundraising. Get well soon Shack.

I may be down but sure not out. smile

H1N1 0, Shack 1

Passed all my tests and I think they got sick of me in rehab grin They let me out yesterday afternoon. It is so great to be home with my family. Just being home after 50 days away is a weird. All things that came and went. I am glad I am here to absorb all of it. I will be doing in house rehab for the next month or so and then out patient.

Just starting to read some of the Caring Bridge posts and the ones from FM/HSO. It is very cool that many people are pulling for ya. Kind of shocking grin

Still can not believe this happened. I was just sick. Thanks to my loving wife for dragging me to the ER. If I had stayed home even one more hour, who knows what would have happened. Once I got to the ER I draw a blank until I woke up the other week. Besides the weird coma dreams, the time went by in a flash.

Only things I have issues with are my legs and ankles. I use a walker right now. My taste buds have no sense to them (coming back but slow). My hands are not steady at all. I could not tie a double uni if my life depended on it right now grin

I have to thank my physical therapists Scott, Sue and Becky. Santa comes in many forms.

Just a little over a week and half ago it took three grown men to get me on my feet and for only 5 seconds. The pain is something else when your legs have not moved for as long as my did not. Now I am walking. Slow and controlled, but walking smile

Still hurts like mad though mad but I push the pain aside.

I refused pain killers/relief for the first week. I wanted to do this with out anything. Plus I was having major withdrawals from the drugs they used for my coma. I now know what a heroine addict coming down feels like wink

Thanks again for all the support from you guys. I have no doubt it is the driving force behind my fast recovery.

Josh (Shack)

This should also serve as a wake up call for even us younger healthier guys. If you are sick, go in! I barely survived a menigitis scare back when I was 19, if my dad hadn't forced me to the clinic, I probably would have died that night. We should all be thankfull for those looking out for us even when we are too stubborn for our own good.

Great to hear you're now at home. It's going to take a while, but it will get better. It sounds like you don't have long term lung damage which is great! Muscle control will come back, it just takes strength and stretching exercises. It's great to see you posting again.

Shack, we have never met, but I feel I know you through this site. I am so glad to hear you are back on your feet! Hopefully you will be well enough to get out on the hard water yet this year. May God bless and you have a very Merry Christmas!

Shack - Its pretty amazing to see a post from you. Its especially cool that you're home with your wife and kids for Christmas! The CaringBridge updates were pretty scary at times so its awesome that you're back in the saddle.

Enjoy the holidays!

-erik