• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shackbash needs our help

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great News-Keep it coming!!! You would think as many times as I check this site, Josh is my best friend-heck, I don't even know him. But, things like this really tug at my heart, I'm so happy that things are looking better. God willing, Josh will be home for Christmas.

To all of Josh's virtual friends and fellow fisherman/women:

Shack/Josh's family would like to give a specail THANK YOU to everyone on here for all of the wondeful words of encouragement and prayers. I know we have posted it on his CaringBridg HSOforum several times but words cannot express how in awe we are with all of the support you have shown Shack/Josh during this sudden H1N1 nightmare.

Although many of you have never met, or even spoken with, Josh personally you still stepped up with prayers and kindness for him, which means so much to his family.

After a very long 33 day battle with the H1N1 virus, Shack has finally turned the corner and is now starting down the long road to recovery! He is slowly being weened off both the paralytic drug and sedative and is slowly coming up from the coma. He is able to move his arms, head, legs & opening his eyes briefly. He's now on a regular vent but will slowly be weened of this in time also. And although the Doctors are predicting a long road back to recovery...we'll gladly take it!

Again thank you to everyone, for lack of words...WOW! We truly believe all of the prayers and well wish's sent Josh's way made the difference. We have been reading Shack your post's from time to time but we can't wait to hand him his laptop and have him read them all for himself and eventually log on & reply!!!!

Happy Holidays to every single one of you & may God Bless you all!

FISH ON!

Shacks Family-

If a fellow FM friend wants to send a little Christmas fund donation to help Shackbash's family where would you send it too?

You just need to go to and Wells Fargo Bank.

This was copied from DTRO's original post.

An account has been established through Wells Fargo for the Josh Myhre Family.

Please keep all the wonderful post's a posting for Shackbash. Hopefully only day's till he can be reading all your great and supporting post's you wrote to him! He is fighting the biggest fish ever(H1N1) but winning!!!

Thanks,

Mrs Shackbash and Family.

Josh,

Time to start taking those small steps to recovery. It will take a while but with the support group at home and here it will come. Take some time, get back on your feet and we will see you back here in no time.