• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Random Daily Pics

12 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

If my math is right, I'm looking at sometime between Monday and Thursday next week for the ducklings.  With this WFH scenario, I'm definitely hoping to catch the action.

Could they have hatched already?  Last night under one of the boxes in my back yard there was 5 broken shells and a bunch of down feathers. Hope nothing got in there and got them.

1 hour ago, snagfinder said:

Could they have hatched already?  Last night under one of the boxes in my back yard there was 5 broken shells and a bunch of down feathers. Hope nothing got in there and got them.

They say 28-30 days and I put my house up on March 30.  Saw a wood duck fly in a couple days later.

2 hours ago, snagfinder said:

n my back yard there was 5 broken shells and a bunch of down feathers

I usually find the shells in the house.  I hope a mink or weasel didn't get em.

I hope not but I don't see any reason why the egg shells would be out of the house otherwise. There is a duck in another box about 15 feet away you think a mink would have got that one too. Maybe have to get the ladder out and climb up and look. If it was a mink im guessing the duck will still be in there dead.

1 hour ago, snagfinder said:

I hope not but I don't see any reason why the egg shells would be out of the house otherwise. There is a duck in another box about 15 feet away you think a mink would have got that one too. Maybe have to get the ladder out and climb up and look. If it was a mink im guessing the duck will still be in there dead.

Sometimes a hen will throw some out if she thinks they failed or was the victim of egg dumping by a hooded merganser.  What color and shape are the shells if there’s enough left to tell?