• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

20 inch Box Fan

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

garage floor is starting to sweat I really could use a fan with about 20" blades that fits in a box I also hope its missing the motor as I have one, I also hope its missing a blade so I can hear it run while in the house

Oh man, you snooze, you lose. There was a guy giving one away just exactly like that about a year and a half ago. Last I heard it was seen in a micro bus headed for a Greatfull Dead concert.

Oh man, you snooze, you lose. There was a guy giving one away just exactly like that about a year and a half ago. Last I heard it was seen in a micro bus headed for a Greatfull Dead concert.

Darn it

My driveway is starting to fill in with blowing snow! Please turn the 20 in. box fan back to LOW speed, remove the large 3-phase motor, and take the fan back to East St. Paul so the kids quit crying about their lost stickers. Thanks!

what is the pitch on the blades? Can I stop by and pick it up? Drivnig by LittleCanada now. Can't wait to talk into it and listen to the funny noise it makes! oh and could you dust it for me and maybe bubble wrap it for the journey home? thanks

from Reuters:

Nearly 5 million inexpensive electric fans are being recalled after they were blamed as the cause of at least seven fires, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said.

The box style Lasko and Galaxy brand fans were sold at major retailers nationwide between 2002 and 2005 for $12 to $25. They were manufactured in the U.S. by Lasko Products Inc. of West Chester, Pennsylvania.

CPSC officials said electrical failure in the motor is the source of the problems with the fans. Consumers who have the fans are urged to unplug them until they receive a free plug safety adapter with a fuse that must be requested from the manufacturer.

The following models are subject to the recall: Lasko box fans models 3720, 3723, and 3733 and Galaxy box fans that have the model number 4733 and “2002-03” or “2003-04” stamped on the bottom of the metal frame.

Five years ago, Lasko recalled 5.6 million fans after the company received reports of more than 40 fires that were also associated with motor failure. One homeowner whose house was destroyed said the fan that started the fire was turned off at the time.

Safety advocates have assailed box fans as being unsafe since that recall. While the brand wasn’t immediately known, a box fan was blamed for a fire in Colorado this week that displaced more than two dozen people.

To get more information or order the adapter that is intended to make the fans safe, call Lasko at (877) 445-1314 or go to the company HSOforum:

No doubt the famous box fan has gained some serious monetary value. Maybe it'll be found someday on Pickers. Many will attempt to imitate, but there can be only one box fan with proper KC Royals and Unicorn stickers!

I broke a 20" fan blade the other day, I know earlier in the post that someone was looking for a replacement for this fan as it only has two blades this would be a great replacement I put a royals sticker on the back side for balance ....

I put a royals sticker on the back side for balance ....

How did that work for ya? I was thinking since a fan blows and KS sux that it might throw it off balance?

Dude. I heard Eric traded it for a quail lamp.

Dude. I heard Eric traded it for a quail lamp.

Dang, if Gordy got the fan straight up for that most awesome lamp, what the heck did I get out of the deal? crazy