• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

20 inch Box Fan

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Imagine having both those bad boys in the same room. OMG, kickin' back in the cool breeze with a cool one in the warm glow of that lamp. I think I just peed a little.... blush

Imagine having both those bad boys in the same room. OMG, kickin' back in the cool breeze with a cool one PBR in the warm glow of that lamp. I think I just peed a little.... blush

fixed it for ya, didnt want Eric to get offended by leaving the most important part out lol

Four years ago today the infamous 20" box fan made its appearance. Given the number of posts & views the thread has generated, one could logically assume this is the single most important event this site has participated in. Let's take a moment to reflect on some of the players in this drama and the chain of events that has occurred.

The fan is now approximately nine years old now which makes it (unofficially) 73.9 in human years; 1 fan year = 8.21 human years. TRZ has not posted on the site since February of the following year, and rumor has it that he is institutionalized for PTSD somewhere in south St. Paul. The beloved cat (also known as Stub because it lost its tail in a fan accident)reportedly threw itself in the path of a large truck from Brainerd that was traveling to St. Paul. The driver, reportedly, did not see the cat in time to stop as he was looking for a gas station to top his tank off to ensure his safe trip back to Brainerd. The driver of the death truck was seen/heard ringing his hands and mumbling..."If only I hadn't been so greedy. If only I hadn't taken the day off work..."

Reliable sources have testified that the owner of a faded orange VW van painted with leaves & flowers experienced a religious conversion. In an act of contrition, he took the van to the car crusher...The van is now allegedly several pieces of re-bar in the Three Gorges Dam in China.

As for the fan itself, rumors abound. Though none could be officially confirmed, there is reason to believe the fan is still in existence. Following the steps in the 20" box fan owner's manual, the motor was repaired, and the fan continues its noble purpose(s). Sources tell me that the Royals sticker was successfully removed and sold. Proceeds from the sale were used to purchase repair parts and a Ranger 621 boat. (It was quite valuable as there are only three or four Royals stickers left from that era.

I'd like to continue, but I am tearing up and the tears are making my keypad start to smell like burning plastic. Please, please take a moment to remember this fan and celebrate the just end of bin Laden. Any further info on the fan is welcomed.

I can't confirm this but I have heard through "Channels" that a box fan was recovered from a certain far eastern country during a recent mission. The box fan was sitting dusty in a corner cooling a bunch of computer hard drives. The fan was removed by a concern navy seal from the Midwest who through this very board might have I'd it. The fan may or may not be back in this country as we speak. Also there was a rusty orange VW van with several bullet holes parked inside the compound. The license plates were missing but there were several bumper stickers all over it and hot dog wrappers from Kansas City covering the rear windows.

[

The fan is now approximately nine years old now which makes it (unofficially) 73.9 in human years; 1 fan year = 8.21 human years. TRZ has not posted on the site since February of the following year, and rumor has it that he is institutionalized for PTSD somewhere in south St. Paul. The beloved cat (also known as Stub because it lost its tail in a fan accident)reportedly threw itself in the path of a large truck from Brainerd that was traveling to St. Paul. The driver, reportedly, did not see the cat in time to stop as he was looking for a gas station to top his tank off to ensure his safe trip back to Brainerd. The driver of the death truck was seen/heard ringing his hands and mumbling..."If only I hadn't been so greedy. If only I hadn't taken the day off work..."

TRZ is alive and well, but getting a bit old and crusty! He now resides in NSP and his cat is still alive and with all appendages! He was barred for some trivial reason on another I can't even remember why. His humor can still be enjoyed on a few other sites. he mostly sits in his fish house on Mille Lacs and roots for the beloved Royals-Go K.C.! I'll tell him the box fan lives-I believe he actually still has it for "parts"? What a thread!

If this is it, it could spell the end, since the next stop is the garbage burner in town. Looked remarkably cleaned up, with the exception of three areas of gummy residue which could indicate previous sticker locations. I wouldn't put it past my creepy neighbors being part of the group hiding it away all these years.

box_fan_in_garbage.jpg

Plus the Twins are playing the Royals again today. And get this...The Royals are AHEAD of the Twins in the standings! That's so weird that I bet a unicorn will throw out the first pitch tonight.

Next thing we know, quails will be leaving their lamps...

to this day i still dont understand how this thread has lasted 4 years

Because of it's legendary status. Re-read the first 6 pages or so when you're bored. It's classic. "Fan is gone, Cat is O.K." Priceless.