• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is Popeye's chicken better then QFC?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one on lake street is nothing like a real chain store. That store is a franchise. Once you go to a real popeyes you will see the diffrence. If that one in ep opens this spring you know it will be clean and good.

Thats the only one I have ever been to and felt the rather "interesting environment" just added to the culinary experience......almost got my car jacked one time grin

The Bloomington KFC is also turning into a Popeyes. Sounds like this is happening all over the place in the Metro, as there is a multi-franchise owner is selling 14 of his KFC locations to Popeyes.

Actually the group went bankrupt, the bank made the deal with Popeyes. Even though KFC (Yum Brands) offered a higher bid price for the buildings, but due to their shady reputation the bank went with Popeyes. LOL.

Church's/Popeyes both have better yardbird than KFC in my opinion.

I ate at the Popeye's in Minneapolis on Lake Street once, that was a weird experience.

This is the only Popeyes I have ever been to, food was ok, service was slow and I dont think you would want to be around here after dark wink

Still love the original chicken from kfc though.

I ate at the Popeye's in Minneapolis on Lake Street once, that was a weird experience. The whole restaurant is basically set up to deal with Criminals and Drunks (I was there for lunch on a weekday and was quite sober). Cash only, they won't give you your food until they verify your receipt and there are signs everywhere basically yelling at you. One sign said "we do not sell chicken from the back" WTH does that mean??

Yes it is better than KFC but very greasy.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1eiG5FCYJ8k&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1eiG5FCYJ8k

gringrin

HA! Yep that is actually why I went there. After that news story I thought - I have to see this place first hand. My favorite is the woman yelling into the drive through microphone.

I've been to a store/restaurant 100 times where they didn't have the item priced correctly and I've never once thought to call a news crew about it.

After reading this thread I'm going to have to go and get my KFC fix soon!!! When I go, its mostly for the chicken, I don't need any of that other filling stuff - except maybe a biscuits and some gravy smile I like the original and the new grilled chicken, you can have the extra crunchy. May have to try one of the pot pies too after the comments here.

Popeyes?? Haven't even seen one around here.

Hey SLabs,

rumor has it there is a Chick Fil A opening in Apple Valley. My brother in law who is from Tampa, saw a permit request in the AV newspaper for a drive through variance. It would be a tough jaunt at lunch time for me, but I think I could swing it........

Hey SLabs,

rumor has it there is a Chick Fil A opening in Apple Valley. My brother in law who is from Tampa, saw a permit request in the AV newspaper for a drive through variance. It would be a tough jaunt at lunch time for me, but I think I could swing it........

Well this would be really awesome. When I moved here from Abingdon VA, I moved to apple valley.

Parents, grandparents, aunts n uncles and a ton of HS friends live there so it would be easy for me to get to!

yep. That would be sweeeeet.

College Chick Fil A is not real Chick Fil A.....but yes, extra pickles is the route to go.....

what?

the chick-fil-a in coffman union is just like the stand alone chick-fil-a I've ran into and just like the ones in the mall.

How is it not a real one?

Canes in Apple Valley has very good strips! I'd go so far as too say outstanding!

Ken

The last time I was went there the drive thru kid said.... "Chicken chicken chicken what combo meal you picken!" grin

Talk about a simple menu. Your option for food at Canes are CHICKEN STRIPS and thats it.... I agree they are pretty darn tasty!

College food service owns it and runs it, so I am told, kind of like the one at the airport, haven't been to either, but come March 30th, that is my first stop in Jacksonville on the way t the golf course.....I probably won't eat dinner.....yeah it is a Harold and Khumar kind of deal

The Construction Company I am am a partner in built out the Chick fil A at the MSP Airport.

They are focusing on several sites for new freestanding units in the Twin Cities area.

We also built the Raising Canes in Apple Valley and at the U of M.

They both are class operations.

Now to try to get in on the Popeyes action. grin

We built 12 Krispy Kreme's in Minnesota and Wisconsin when that was the hot entry into this market. It was hard to believe it when poeple would start lining up days in advance of a grand opening just to get a t-shirt and some donuts. They were good but not that good. Now they are all gone. frown

Hugonian...

We worked on several of the Krispy kremes also. The project manager used us often when he was with the Nath companies (BK) and then for many of the Krispy Kreme stores. Boy, they did not last long!

Good luck!

Ken