• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is Popeye's chicken better then QFC?

We just had a Popeye's chicken move into an old QFC building and for the last two weeks they have had to have cops directing traffic outside! I have not tried it yet, is it really that much better then QFC's? confused

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be lines a krispy cream too smile Yeah, would probably say it is better. Hard to remember the late night college runs that clearly wink but seemed to have a more flavorful crispier crust...not as pasty as KFC....which probably means more salt and a worse oil. Not like either would be a health conscious choice. Will have to try one of those pot pies though.....

The Bloomington KFC is also turning into a Popeyes. Sounds like this is happening all over the place in the Metro, as there is a multi-franchise owner is selling 14 of his KFC locations to Popeyes.

The KFC in Cottage Grove became a Famous Daves... It seems the KFCs are now few and far between. Kind of like when all the Hardees closed down a decade ago.

The KFC potpies are very good... been a couple of years since I had one, but used to stop once a month or so for one when I worked by a KFC..

Good Luck!

Ken

quote]We just had a Popeye's chicken move into an old QFC building[/quote

Where? In the Duluth area?

Down in Brooklyn Center but they seem to be replacing QFC at a few of their old buildings. I do still see some QFC's open but most are out of the cities like Brainard still has one.

i actually tried the popyeyes in TN last week. It was great..The chicken was moist and flavorful..I do like KFC but sometimes it gets a bit to greasy..Maybe its the time of day or that Popeyes was just different but i am looking forward to popeyes..have a choice which is good..they have gumbo that my friends love too!!

They both have their merits, but when it comes to fried chicken I prefer Popeyes. KFC's pot pies are the best thing on their menu but they only sell them during winter when they sell less chicken. It's the leftovers that go into the pot pies. As already mentioned, Popeyes chicken is more spicey with a southern flavor. Try Popeyes shrimp po'boy sandwich. Tasty!

I ate at the Popeye's in Minneapolis on Lake Street once, that was a weird experience. The whole restaurant is basically set up to deal with Criminals and Drunks (I was there for lunch on a weekday and was quite sober). Cash only, they won't give you your food until they verify your receipt and there are signs everywhere basically yelling at you. One sign said "we do not sell chicken from the back" WTH does that mean??

Yes it is better than KFC but very greasy.