• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is Popeye's chicken better then QFC?

Did the Hardees chicken ever make it to MN? I don't recall them serving chicken.

Yep. I installed it in stores from Red Wing to St Peter, Mankato, Hutch and out to Mitchell SD.

Several of them got converted to Arby's, some to BK and others just went away. There were a few different franchises in the region. Terratron and Earth foods were the biggest with 70-80 stores each.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is still a Hardees in Mora.

I drive by that location on the way to Mille Lacs in the winter months. Stopped in recently and had an order of chicken strips. Good fried chicken in my book. The broasted chicken at the Brass Rail in Grandy is incredible. The best chicken strips on the planet are at Morning Star Market in Wahkon.

Going to try some Popeye's soon.

There are also Hardee's in Hutchinson, Sleepy Eye, and Granite Falls MN. Two years ago they opened a new Hardee's in Brookings, SD. For some reason I really like their loaded breakfast burrito and Hot ham and cheese sandwiches.

Chicken wasn't too bad...

The product was good. The big thing they pushed was it was fresh and never frozen ( frozen solid anyway). The problem it presented for obvious reasons (Salmonella #1 on the list)was in cross contamination. If it was strictly a chicken restaurant it would have been easier to control but since the areas went from Breakfast biscuits to chicken to whatever else, the area had to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized when switching to and from Chicken production, all utensils used for Chicken were marked with green tape and could never be used for anything else and any employee working with the chicken prior to hitting the fryer could only work in that area and couldn't touch anything else.

You can imagine the chaos when it was 8:00 at night and 3 buses pulled in with 4 people on the clock and you suddenly had to pull one person from the crew to sanitize an area and go into production because one person wanted an 8 piece meal. It was just not something that was logistically feasible over the long term and led to both employees and customers getting ticked off. Stores either stopped selling at certain points of the day or made the wrong choice and cooked it and let it sit under a heat lamp until some poor schmuk bought it.The chicken recipe was good. The policies and procedures were a recipe for disaster.

Went to Winona State and they must've have the most successful Hardees on the planet. Strategically placed between the bars and campus and open 24hrs. Every day was a different dollar special, MAN did I eat a lot of that greasy stuff and it was SO good after a night of chugging $1.00 Busch Light bottles.

The only time I remember seeing it close was when there was a huge fist fight between drunk WSU and St. Marys students. Police made it a crime scene and there was a fair amount of blood to clean up. GOOD TIMES!!! laugh

We have a place here in St Cloud called Short Stop, day in and day out they serve the best fried chicken I have ever had. Don't get me wrong, I like the original recipe Kfc, but this stuf blows them away every time wink

And speaking of Hardees...we finaly got one back in the area after about 8-10yrs with out one grin Always had on in Cold Spring, witch is on the way to the lake for me, but now there is one by the big box store. I don't eat at Hardees often, but it's better than Mac and dons or Burgerworld imo.

We have a place here in St Cloud called Short Stop, day in and day out they serve the best fried chicken I have ever had. Don't get me wrong, I like the original recipe Kfc, but this stuf blows them away every time wink

And speaking of Hardees...we finaly got one back in the area after about 8-10yrs with out one grin Always had on in Cold Spring, witch is on the way to the lake for me, but now there is one by the big box store. I don't eat at Hardees often, but it's better than Mac and dons or Burgerworld imo.

Oh man does Short Stop chicken bring back some memories! This was my go to for sure, will have to revisit next time I'm in town...

I've always loved Hardees and thought that their Thick Burgers were much better than anything at McDonalds or Burger King. My wife thinks that it's disgusting so unless I'm on a solo trip, I rarely get to have it. If I am on my own, it's a toss up between the forbidden White Castle and Hardees!

Keep up the fried chicken recommendations. I man can never have enough greasy meals on his list to sample when passing through town

Quote:
Went to Winona State and they must've have the most successful Hardees on the planet. Strategically placed between the bars and campus and open 24hrs. Every day was a different dollar special, MAN did I eat a lot of that greasy stuff and it was SO good after a night of chugging $1.00 Busch Light bottles.

The one in Mankato had be a close 2nd. It was right in the same parking lot as a very popular college bar. This is the same Hardees where Keith Millard had a hard time navigating through the drive thru. grin

Sorry for the side track.

I've always loved Hardees and thought that their Thick Burgers were much better than anything at McDonalds or Burger King. My wife thinks that it's disgusting so unless I'm on a solo trip, I rarely get to have it. If I am on my own, it's a toss up between the forbidden White Castle and Hardees!

Keep up the fried chicken recommendations. I man can never have enough greasy meals on his list to sample when passing through town

I have 2 that come to mind for you. The brass rail in grandy or the corner bar in cumberland Wi. The corner bar is the best I have had.