• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Camera Pics

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im goin back to deer pics!!

heres my best buck of the year. been a slow year for good bucks on the cameras so far. never mind the smudgyness of the pics. computer was acting up, so i took pics of the pics with my phone, then brought them up to here.

nice10.jpg

same buck quartering away

fromback.jpg

pretty young buck here, but the fella is sure showing off some true potential here! check out that mass

mass.jpg

MDGC0499.jpg

MDGC0500-1.jpg

Here's one in the wild for ya. These cats are stealth quiet in the woods. Saw a bobcat in the same area at sunset on the firearms opener from my climber. It walked within 30 yards on a dead silent evening and I never heard it make a sound. Had turkeys roost right by me, sure heard them. Saw a bobcat, had a big black bear trounce by, but only big buck sighting was a two second glimpse as it chased a doe with two other small bucks. 2009 was an interesting year. We'll see what 2010 brings.

I have 3 Scoutguards.

Overall I am pleased with them.

Had problems with 2 of them last year and sent them in for service.

Found out there are knock-offs out there and I had 1.

Be careful where you purchase them from.

Also, if you read the manual it says "not for outdoor use".

I thought this was quite odd but when I questioned this to customer service she was very illusive. They do not market them as specifically game cameras.

I do like the ease of use and picture quality.

Scoutgaurd and bushnell are made in the same plant, same pieces and parts different name and exterior. I really like my bushnell. I wanted a scoutgaurd tried to order one and they didnt have any and were not gonna get any for a couple months so I got the low down on the two and ordered mine. Great cameras

The second deer does seem younger. Its rack might not look the same next year if it was damaged in velvet. Has a chance to look normal next year and will lose alot of its character. Thats the risk you take, too young versus unique hard choice. Both look nice enough for most hunters. Good luck, it does seem when they loose their velvet the turn into a different animal. Start to wonder where they disappeared to.

I would shot either one of them. I suspect both are the same age probly 3.5yr olds. Granted either one will probly be even better next year, as they probly won't show full potential until another year or so. Unless you have alot of land and they are going to be safe it still would be a tough, but if its like alot of places i would shoot either one and hope the other makes it. Good luck.

They funny one may gross 140+ tough to tell and if the dates are right he still had some growing to do.