• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Camera Pics

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked my camera on our Turnup patch this weekend and realized I should have been sitting there on the 24th at 5 pm!! This guy walked by. Not the greatest tine length, but great brow tines and wide.

You can kind of see our stand in the pine tree (you can see the brown leaves we put there and a little bit on the seat) and note he is standing 10 yds broadside.

Hope he comes back in daylight again.

CJ

6012.jpg

6010.jpg

6011.jpg

Picture6106.jpg

RuttenBuck - I got the pics of this buck from one of my trail cams on one of our properties near Staples. A guy I know that lives there said they named him Palmy. I'm guessing by your location that this is the same buck. How do you know about the buck?

JacobJ - I know the guy who found the sheds of Palmy 2 years ago across the hwy from your land and I know the guys who live south of your property and have seen their trail cam pics. He actually looks to have lost some palmation throughout his main beams from the sheds from 2 years ago. He's still a giant no doubt though. Do you plan on getting over there to hunt him?

JacobJ - I know the guy who found the sheds of Palmy 2 years ago across the hwy from your land and I know the guys who live south of your property and have seen their trail cam pics. He actually looks to have lost some palmation throughout his main beams from the sheds from 2 years ago. He's still a giant no doubt though. Do you plan on getting over there to hunt him?

what did the sheds score?

RuttenBuck - I stopped over to the deer camp across the highway from our property last year and talked with the guys there a couple times last year during firearms season. They got a beauty typical last year. I only occasionally hunt our property in that area because it is tough to hunt and we have property that is better for quantity of deer not far away, but I'll be there some this year hoping to catch Palmy as he hides from everyone else.

I've also met my neighbor to the south and am waiting for an email from him with pics from previous year(s).

Do you hunt in the area?

Shoot me an email at my username at yahoo.com so we don't take over this forum and I don't pinpoint my location.

GOT BROW TINES?

MDGC0069.jpg

i just saw your pics of that palm buck.... i couldn't help but notice the "exact" similarities to a pair of sheds i found this spring.

brows... both are split...right has an acorn tip, and left is slightly lower than the other split.

G2 & G3 profile..... identical

split off his right G2.... flies straight back.... and he has the start of a split pointing upward on his left G2.

would match up perfectly with your buck!

but, it all depends on location.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg