• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Camera Pics

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a yellow lab at home and he's not allowed on carcasses! We have no idea who this one is. Normally, I'll get some fox and some critters with wings. Pretty disappointed. Hopefully I'll be able to try it out again before the season's over.

stick, don't you love it when the neighbors let their dogs run??! NOT!! Yet you'd be the bad guy if something happened to him...

Several times I've had pictures of the neighbors dogs on my trail camera, I printed off pictures and stuck them in their mailbox - the dogs got tied up.

A few years ago I had a rat terrier showing up at my place, didn't know who's dog he was, but he kept showing up. So one day I tied a string of tin cans to his collar. He wouldn't move, so I went into the house, got the shotgun, and shot up in the air several times. He took off across the road - and got caught up in some brush!!! I listened to him bark all afternoon and finally went and cut him loose, but left some rope dragging so the owners would get the idea.

The next time he showed up I just threw him into the back of my truck and took him to the pound. Haven't seen him since.

Moral of the story, keep you dogs tied up or under control or bad things will happen to them!!

Quote:
Is this buck 120 inches? I am guessing not quite...

I'd agree. I'd put him at the 115 mark +/- a few inches. Nice buck regardless of the score.

There's not much worse than having dogs chasing deer on your property but I could never shoot one. Had a filthy one without a collar chase a dandy buck by the stand one year and halfway considered it but never even got the bow up. I've owned dogs my whole life & there's just no way I could do it. It's frustrating though for sure. This one was on a carcass so I can't blame him entirely for straying with those aromas floating through the air. But I agree, keep an eye on your dogs. Some landowners may not be as warm-hearted!

Is this a Wright Co. deer? I'd feel pretty confident at putting him at 3 1/2 years old. I spend a fair amount of time in the area and our 2 1/2's typically don't look like that. He's filled out pretty good. Hard to say with one set of pictures and no history.