Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Doesn’t everyone have spare crutches in the shed?
  3. Electric Roaster for Sausage

after it comes out an rests it is another story, in my book... it's sweated out... and the smoke is good on ya!!!
  4. Sous Vide Turkey

the 120 bothers me....
  5. Today
  6. Yesterday
  7. Kdrill or Nils

Great read! https://www.outdoorhub.com/reviews/2017/11/22/k-drill-auger-milwaukee-tool-m18-fuel-drill-ice-fishing-game-changer/ With the 9amp Red lithium batts it's a ice gobbling machine!
  8. Electric Roaster for Sausage

When you start slicing some up see if your hands get the smoky smell on them. Part of the reason I ask is when you get summer sausage from a good meat shop like Schmidts down in Nicollet, MN, it dose not leave the smell. Just makes me wonder if they use liquid smoke to keep the batches more consistent flavor wise and the skins clear of the smokey smell.
  9. Sous Vide Turkey

Easiest way to do that is sous vide. Seal in bag, throw in 120 degree water. Go watch tv and drink a beer or other beverage of your choice, come back when you are ready and it is perfect. Wasting water? Are you serious? Of all the reasons, that is the worst.
  10. Fishin report for Lake Iwanttobethere..

21 IN THE boat here on Hidden Bay, have already been to town and back with the wife. At the cabin the score is Cats 1 Humans 1 as we have a mouse problem. While I was gone at the Hotel the wife was taking a shower and the big tom cat who goes by the name of Big Boy brought her a dead mouse and placed it on her clothes that she had laid out for the day on her bed. She came out of the bathroom towel drying her hair and sat on the mouse. She says it was no big deal but since I speak lab the brown dog told me he had to come to her rescue as she had let out a scream. I get in the door and was told of the problem. I have no snap traps and a call to Big Earl who told me he was out till today, seems I am not the only one with a war going on. I did find some old glue traps and I put a couple under the kitchen sink. I have caught them there before and a few hours later I was rewarded with one. But you know that they say if there is one then there is two and if there is two you have a problem. I also found out that mice carry fleas, this could be where the cats and Duncan got fleas from..   So the wife needed to go down to Ma and Pa's for our turkey, Pa called and told her he had a discounted bird waiting for her, the turkey for some reason had but one leg. I didn't ask, we got 25% off. Pa came out with a white package for me and told me he had my backstap. I took the package from him and then asked him when was the last time he had a backstrap? he lifted his cap and ran his fingers through the few strands of hair he has left on his head and told me he didn't remember. I handed the package back to him and said enjoy. "Bobby I can't take this" but I refused to take it back. "Heck I am getting venison for the first time in a long time, I have to work my way up to backstraps" I told him. Pa thanked me and our next stop was the General Store.   Big Earl met us at the curb with four mouse snap traps and a little something else in the bag. We chatted for a few minutes till the wife broke in saying you two just spent two weeks together, what on earth could you have to talk about. We both looked at her and said well the last two weeks of course! With that we left and went home. I have to go down to the city for a late Drs. appointment this afternoon so I thought I would write a little while as the wife has started to do some baking. She called for the brown dog who climbed out from under my desk and went to her. She gave him an egg carton and told Duncan she wanted a dozen eggs and let him outside. I thought OK the three egg trick was good but a dozen? Five minutes later the back doorbell rings and the wife lets in Duncan gingerly balancing a dozen eggs in the cartoon. She trades him two dog biscuits for the eggs and Duncan heads to the living room and the fire to chow down. I was going to say something to the wife but I could see she was just waiting for me so I said nothing.   Now on Saturday when my granddaughter and son in law Matt hunted off my deer stand I was not done with their day. Since there is no chair in there they used a plank that they can rest diagonally from one wall to the other to sit on. After H the granddaughter glassed the area and the small fire in the coffee can heater went out and the old Stanley steel thermos was empty of hot chocolate she was ready to head back to camp. Matt unloaded the rifle and gave it to H and told her to hunt her way back to the Hotel. Matt carried the knapsack and heater and followed H. H hunted slow and took her time, she did not see a deer but later she told Matt she likes walking better then sitting in a stand. They stopped at the Hotel clearing and when they started up again a grouse thundered skyward right at their feet, startling both of them and a fitting end to their deer hunt, Matt brought the heater to the shed an H headed inside to make hot chocolate and warm up. Chuck was just here brought me some snap traps, didn't know I had been to town already. He asked me if the wife got the eggs that she asked for. "Hmmm so you gave Duncan a dozen eggs" I asked "Yup tape them all up to so he would not drop any" Chuck said. Chuck then left and I just smiled at the wife, patted Duncan and told him he was such a good boy, maybe he should go find us another dozen eggs here at Lake Iwanttobethere
  11. if you purchase the sled....i'll throw them in on the deal.......................NO CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. New ice house law 11/20/2017

$37 per year..... Or just find someone to buy you a 3-yr license for $42. Seem kinda goofy consider that stamps are the same price for both in-state and out-of-state
  13. New ice house law 11/20/2017

Thanks for the info, I know most of us wheelhouse owners never got a license
  14. GTG?

Not sure why this posted three times and I can't delete any of them...
  15. Sous Vide Turkey

interesting read...
  16. Solar Heat Ice Fishing Shack

A damper could be placed inline with the supply air duct to either mix outdoor air or recirculated return air, this is air going into the panel. Modulate that damper with an actuator that is controlled by a simple temp sensor and modulating control, i.e. 0-10v signal.
  17. Bean 'n Ham soup

Had the soup last night and it was really good. The beans weren't too bad - I wouldn't say any mushier than they probably where right out of the can. Pretty similar to the texture of Bush's Baked Beans, so mushy, but I was worried they might be the consistency of refried beans after cooking on low call day in the crockpot. Going to try adding a little liquid smoke next time. That sounds like an interesting twist.
  18. GTG?

Anyone going up on the 8th? Rengel wants another shot at the prestigious Nord Lord title, and me too! And quickfishnoob. Pretty sure there's ice this time.
  19. GTG?

Anyone going up on the 8th? Rengel wants another shot at the prestigious Nord Lord title, and me too! And quickfishnoob. Pretty sure there's ice this time.
  20. GTG?

21. Sous Vide Turkey

https://www.wired.com/2016/11/master-chemistry-juicy-tender-salmon/ No water bags necessary.
  22. Will it sink?

It's made of wood. It'll probably float for a while at least, regardless of ice thickness
  23. Sous Vide Turkey

Not mad at all and I don't have a problem with you doing it, but from a practical standpoint it looks to waste a lot of time and resources to get results you could get from conventional methods with less time, less equipment and less wasted water. This isn't a reinvention of the wheel, it's just a much more complicated way of putting the air into the tube.
  24. Electric Roaster for Sausage

I used 2 roasters.
  1. Load more activity

• Members

• Wanderer

Wanderer 283

we are 'the leading edge' I Share on HSO
    • Juneau4

Juneau4 207

we are 'the leading edge' I Share on HSO
    • LoonASea

LoonASea 109