• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor......Is it worth the money?

Mike Stark

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Plus suit has a Brushed Tricot Lining. The camo outside is a bit quieter for guys and gals that would like to use it for archery hunting also. Very quiet material on the camo.

If you have any other questions about the Arctic Armor, please ask or click on the highlighted Arctic which should take you to a page that can also help answer your questions.

Depends on how cold the weather is and how you handle the cold. If its -20, then I will wear a pair of long johns and my sweater. That keeps me pretty warm even on the nasty days.

Others may dress different than I though.

They do not make a scent loc suit that I know of. I have hunted in the camo archery hunting and have shot many deer. I don't believe it is needed.

The camo materail seems to be pretty quiet.

is it necessary to wear base layers for when you are sitting outside with relitively no physical activity, for example late season muzzloader hunting?

Normally in the middle of winter on the lake in no shelter, I'm wearing a pair of jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, and Arctic Armor. Pretty little activity and I stay warm. If it's super bone chilling cold I'll put on some long johns.

I am like Deitz, I wear a think moisture wicking light liner underneath so when I am hole hopping when I sweat, I don't get cold. Wearing cotton holds moisture and then you get cold. The key is good under garments!

My wife who is cold in summer thinks I am absolutely nuts for wearing as little as I do under my Arctic Armor. But one thing I never get on ice is cold. It works.

is it necessary to wear base layers for when you are sitting outside with relitively no physical activity, for example late season muzzloader hunting?

I sat outside up at the Brainerd contest last year for 6 hours. -20 temp good part of the day. Wore military poly long underwear, t shirt, jeans along with my Arctic Armor.

I didn't even start to get cold. Gotta love the AA!

Originally Posted By: cvanderweyst

I sat outside up at the Brainerd contest last year for 6 hours. -20 temp good part of the day. Wore military poly long underwear, t shirt, jeans along with my Arctic Armor.

I didn't even start to get cold. Gotta love the AA!

Wimp.. I was on the ice last year at the Brainerd event from 6am till 5pm working for MarCum. That was flat out COLD.. The only way I survived was becasue of the Arctic Armor.

Just about what I do . If it gets that blustery I just hug my bride . LOL Yes wicking underwear most days ,a hoody sweater and bring jeans for days I know I'm going to be inside the otter and on those the AA come off because I have the heat on .

Even with an argument from some that praise the warmth and feel of other suits ,,,, it is a great suit that may save you in its day plus the quiet camo does work . smirk :)and nobody can argue that safety factor . I do look after the camo special because tears are tears not that it has been an issue . I put alot of mileage on mine . LOL

The Artic Armour suit does not make me more ballsy to bust through and want a swim nor should it give anybody the security to think that you are Guarnteed to Live once your in the water . From our use, I think the odds are upped though if we are ever put in that situation . I learned and have been in some tight ones while alone and a long ways from help and wished a AA was available and one I had on . . Yes I'm still here before the AA suit , but heah some days were tight . LOL

I've used this suit to hunt ,fish,icefish and winter atv on . It has never had to save me but it has kept us warm and dry .

TD

2009YRFLurchMemorial015.jpg

Well I just sold myself on the suit today. Even though it is a spendy bill, it would have been nice to have this morning. Thankfully I had my life jacket on. but on our way to our duck hunting spot we swamped the boat and then it capsized about 60 yards from shore. WE were all safe thank God, and were glad we had on our life jackets, but I am definitely going to be getting the suit mostly for the fact that it floats, and all the reviews on the warmth and the fact that it is Camo.

looking into getting a suit.....is it worth the money?

any deals out there or anyone looking to sell a suit?

thanks,

mike

In a word--YES!! I don't care if you need to collect pop bottles to earn some extra $$$, do what you must to save up to buy this suit. You can't really put a price on a greatly higher percentage of odds that you may be able to survive falling through the ice. Plus, it's warm as he-double toothpicks too.

I just sized my self and ordered a Arctic Armor camo suit black and I already have a grey Ice Armor set that I bought before I ever heard of AA. If the AA is as warm as my Ice Armour I will be very happy because it seemed like the AA was thinner and lighter and fit me much better then the IA especially the bibs. My med. IA are tight in the gut and the AA med. a bit loose. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that they will be warm because they are so thin but thats technology for ya.

Because of being a quieter material, is the camo pattern less durable? Tryng to decide on color; this will be probably 90% or more for fishing but still wondering about the camo (camo is cool right?!).

I have read through all 33 pages and can't find a consistent dislike. Sounded like one person with a leak but anyone else with problems or dislikes?

I have used my camo for the past 3 years for archey hunting, winter fishing. I have also used it in the boat for both spring and fall for river fishing.

This suit still looks like new. I persoanlly have all colors of the suits and this camo one is my go to suit.

I have the camo suit, and I pretty much love it. I use it in the boat, duck hunting, snowblowing, and oh yeah...ice fishing. If I can think of one downside to the camo suit I'd say the knees don't have the additional padding the other color (red that I know of) has. When I'm on the lake in the winter and spending a lot of time on my knees the camo suit has a tendency to get little ice clumps on the knees. Would this stop me from getting the camo suit? No way. It's the only drawback I can think of so I posted it. Not too much of a drawback tho. Once swipe of the hand and the little ice clumps are gone.

i also have the Arctic Armor camo suit and like it, it is very warm and dry.

the only thing i dont like is burs stick to it, the first morning i used it bow hunting i wondered into a big bur patch in the dark and was covered. I guess that is a sacrafice you need to make for a quet fabric.

It would also be nice if the knees had a rubber bed liner type coating or some sort of patch, as I am afraid of the knees wearing thin over time.

What I did was purchase a little bar type thing a little larger than a bar of soap. Its called Burz-off. Check out a Cabelas store for them.

They work GREAT.

In regards to the knees wearing, I have been wearing mine for about 3.5 years. Thats ice fishing, spring and late fall river fishing and archery hunting crawling up and down trees.

Mine still look very close to new. Not a tear or rip and still like new.