• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor......Is it worth the money?

Mike Stark

I wore my AA on the ice this afternoon and was nice and toasty. It was about 20 degrees with a 15 mph wind. I learned that ya don't put the AA bibs on in the house and then drive 10 miles to the lake. I probably looked like an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly driving down the highway with my windows half way dowm. blush

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wore my AA on the ice this afternoon and was nice and toasty. It was about 20 degrees with a 15 mph wind. I learned that ya don't put the AA bibs on in the house and then drive 10 miles to the lake. I probably looked like an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly driving down the highway with my windows half way dowm. blush

this is sooooooooo true!

my son won a set at the st paul ice show he had a nice hand at the poker run 4 --- 8's and all hearts at that!!! so it is being shipped to him as we type! as soon as i get enough money i will be buying one myself

Ok...who lives around F.L. and has the camo bibs in large, and would be willing to let me check them out? I'd like to see these things in person before dropping the coin to buy them online and deal with returning them if it wasn't the right size or if for some unbelievable reason I wouldn't like them. Thanks - FL SNIPER

DD...that might work...I'm one of those "in between size" type of guys anyways...5' 9", 190#, 36"W & 32"L for pants...I know, I know...TMI. I'd probably know if the XL would work and if not I'd know L would be the answer. Be a good reason to finally meet you anyways...so if no one else in the area chimes in I'll shoot you an email in the near future. Thanks!

This morning our school was 2 hours late start because of wind chill conditions. I took advantage of the time and went out to shovel off the 3 inches of snow off the driveway. It was about 9 below with a 25 mile per hour breeze out of the N.W. so I figured I'd wear my Ice Armor. I have a long driveway... about 90 feet by 9 feet wide Plus have two sets of steps and some additional sidewalk to deal with... It took me about an hour and when I got done I was sweating my *** off. That stuff is warm. I just recently got mine and have been too sick to get out on the ice to fish with it. I am very happy to say that I am with out a doubt impressesd with that product. It blows my coveralls and multiple layers stratigy out of the water!

Is the only difference between the AAGreen and AARed the brushed tricot lining in the AAGreen and the lure patch on the AARed? I am also wondering if the brushed tricot lining would kinda stick to the clothing underneath and cause some bunching? Any thoughts?

Thx!

YHD

I am short and fat, most things fit me well from side to side but are 12 inches too long !!! Anyone know where I could try some on to see what size to order or to see if there way to long. Some one here probably has the same problem. So any help would be great!

--------------------------------

HSO Arctic Armor - Exclusive Here - FREE Shipping Too.

I would consider ordering a size larger for the AA Plus as the tricot lining tightens up the suit a bit from what I have seen.

Yes on the red and green.

HSO Arctic Armor - Exclusive Here - FREE Shipping Too.

i'm with harvey on this one...its exactly what my experience was when trying on different suits and sizes....the xl was a nice fit in the other suits but the xl plus was a tad tight so i went with the xxl plus.

as for the tricot lining i don't get any bunching of my clothes underneath...but then again i just grab my sleeves of whatever i'm wearing when i put my arms in jackets anyway....when i put my boots on i unbutton the side snaps on the legs and put the inside layer of the suit in my boot then the actual suit stays outside my boot...when your putting the inside layer in your boot its easy to pull down on whatever your wearing underneath even if it did get bunched a little at the bottom.

the plus is the way to go imo unless you wanted the camo for hunting situations.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The sizing given at HSO Arctic Armor @ Outdoor Pro Store is correct.

With the Green Plus the padding at the knees along with the tricot lining mkes it a bit tighter. Go up one size with the AA Green Plus HSO Arctic Armor suit and you'll be fine.

Stay with your normal size on the Red and Camo HSO Arctic Armor Suits.

I bought mine at the Outdoor Pro Store and I am 5' 10"/11", 230 lbs and by what I have in read in this thread about the Red and the Camo suit, that would put me in an XL. I heard about bring up the size one notch and I was going to order an XXl for my AA Plus suit. I talked with Harveylee and we decided the XL suit would be best.

When the suit arrived, I tried it on and it fit like a glove, with plenty of room to spare.

Needless to say I am very satisfied on how the suit fits and the help I received during my order.

What I think some are doing (like I did the first time I tried on my bibs) when trying the bibs on, is not undoing the snaps and zipper at the bottom of the legs, before putting their leg into the bibs. If you do not do this, because of the water tight inner liner at the bottom, it will feel tight and bunched:

3114859292_78592a4010_o.jpg

Doing it this way, my leg slips right threw and I adjust the bottom part of the bibs then to the contour of my boots, for a very nice and tight fit.

In the end I am glad I stuck with the XL. I have plenty of room with this size:

3114900342_21130fd1ef_o.jpg

I feel if I had ordered the XXL suit, it would have been too baggy and big for me. The length is perfect for me also and I would say the XL is good for guys and gals up to 6' tall.

Also another note, due to the sealing up this suit it is known for, undo the cuff seals on the parka also. When you slide your arm's threw the sleeve on the parka/jacket, if those cuff seals are Velcro'ed tight, this can cause a slight binding feeling also.

For those who did not see the images in the other post, the tricot lining gives you a warm feeling right away:

Jacket:

3112438340_9c376d95e4_o.jpg

Bibs:

3111607909_e4e4d6410f_o.jpg

Very good suit for the price (IMO).

One thing I also love about this suit (being a man), is the front bib zipper goes down plenty far wink. I can say this was a major draw back/fault with my Carhartt Extreme Bibs, border line terrible in some cases grin

Good luck!

what size should be looking at as I am 6'3 and 230lbs. Waist is 38" and inseem is 34" on normal pants. I have seen gray and blue on other sites, whats the difference between them and green and red? I want to get the right set for ice fishing. Nothing worse then being cold and my carhart bibs aren't cutting it.

thanks

Tom Z

The blue and gray suits are NOT Arctic Armor. Arctic Armor is warm, dry, lightweight, not bulky, and will float you if you go into the water. The blue and gray suits won't do that.

You would fit in an XL but due to your height you would be better off in 2XL bibs (your "boys" will thank you whistle

Thomas77 I am the same size and I got a 2xl set of Camo, the bibs are a little bit baggy, but the length is good, the jacket also is a little bit baggy but I wanted long enough arms to be able to musky fish and bow hunt. I might have been able to get by with the xl but wanted to be sure to have the length. So, far really like the suit....