• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor......Is it worth the money?

Mike Stark

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing this back up, Is this stuff quiet? Am thinking about getting some to use for hunting and fishing, but needs to be silent, cant have that plasticy crunching sound when it gets cold out especially for bow hunting.

I archery hunt with my AA suit when the temps drop. Quiet enough to shoot a deer for sure.

I sat in the boat in the rain and cold and wind last night until about 11pm. Not once was I chilled.

AA is top 5 outdoor purchases for me. Maybe even top 3 and maybe even arguable the best.

I simply love it.

Ok, how light are you guys talking, like compared to a ? Ski jacket? Down Jacket? Carhartt? Just trying to get as much info before I lay down the cash on this, Is there any stores that sell it that I could try it on? Thanks.

one qustion I have the aa plus and was wearing it this spring at an auction as it was raing out but I got soaked I thought they were suppossed to be able to be used as a raincoat

Im guessing you were sweating? I never have had any problems with rain in my AA. I wear mine in the early spring and then in the fall in rain and snow and havent had any issues. I have not worn the AA Plus with the liner so I cant speak for that set but I could see them being so warm you sweated.

BK19

I have used mine in the rain bow hunting and one time the jacket was soaked outside but I was dry inside the coat.

Last weekend I was bow hunting in the rain for about 1.5 hours and had zero issue with any rain getting through the jacket to the inside.

Thats the two times I have worn it in the rain.

I have also many times layed on the ice and snow while ice fishhing and have never had an issue with that either.

I do believe we have a winter catfishing show where one can see me lying on the ice catching channel cats. I do this quite often as its easier on my bad back.

Here is th show and towards the end one can see I'm lying by my snowmobile on the ice. I do that alot without getting cold or wet.

http://iceleaders.com/video.html

one qustion I have the aa plus and was wearing it this spring at an auction as it was raing out but I got soaked I thought they were suppossed to be able to be used as a raincoat

I would be definately contacting IDI over this because anybody I know that has the arctic Armour suits does not suffer from that issue and I myself even carry it with me on any outdoor trips as raingear .

This suit is very high on my list as a great product .Since using it all my other gear that I used to wear whether hunting or fishing, just collects dust .

TD

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

BK,

if it's the Jacket you're wearing in your avatar, that's not Arctic Armor. Arctic Armor is waterproof and it let's water vapor out as well.

Some people do confuse arctic armor with the other ice fishing suits out there that are not designed for wet weather.

Regardless, if you have an AA suit and you got wet I would definitely contact them. The insultex which is light and keeps you warm is a very good breathable barrier from the rain.

No not that coat its actual Aa plus and yes it was rain gettingvthrough soaked my my back abd shoulders

BK,

if it's the Jacket you're wearing in your avatar, that's not Arctic Armor. Arctic Armor is waterproof and it let's water vapor out as well.

Some people do confuse arctic armor with the other ice fishing suits out there that are not designed for wet weather.

Regardless, if you have an AA suit and you got wet I would definitely contact them. The insultex which is light and keeps you warm is a very good breathable barrier from the rain.