• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor......Is it worth the money?

Mike Stark

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very seriously considering getting a suit. Right now I have an Ice Armor set of bibs, and a Gander mountain jacket. But I dropped 40+ pounds and neither fit me well since they are 2XL. So I guess an upgrade could be possible. Did I read correctly that the camo does not have the padded knees? I really like the padded knees for hole hopping and would consider that a must. If they do not have it, I would think the green would be my choice.

How long is the free shipping/gloves deal going to be around? I have to sell my other stuff first. Thanks for the info...

Checked the camo suit out at the Ice show, Mos Def getting the Arctic Armor over the Ice Armor, the suit looks really cumfy and durable and warm plus it dbls as duck blind bibs plus I can use it for fishing... A+ in my book...

Picked up an Arctic Armor suit green plus style. I got a medium bibs and large coat and I'm 5'9" 190 lbs. I never would have thought a medium bibs would have worked with my custom "midsection insulation" layer, but there's plenty of room. Word to the wise- the Plus items do have more padding to them, and they fit tighter than the regular red/black or camo versions. I'm looking forward to the promised warmth!

Picked up a suit at the show- green plus style. I'm glad I tried it on before buying as I would have ordered wrong. I got a medium bibs and large coat and I'm 5'9" 190 lbs. I never would have thought a medium bibs would have worked with my custom "midsection insulation" layer, but there's plenty of room. Word to the wise- the Plus items do have more padding to them, and they fit tighter than the regular red/black or camo versions. I'm looking forward to the promised warmth!

I was surprised when I got my camo arctic armor suit because I'm 5'6" and 195 lbs and a medium jacket was big. I even have good room in a small jacket. but the medium bibs worked well.

I picked up the green set of Arctic Armour at the ice show. I'm 5'11 205lbs

and went with a Lrg jacket but bought the XL bibs because they were easier to sqaut down in. I looked at the Ice Armor grey at $250 but went with the Arctic Armour even though it cost more {329} because it floats. Hopefully I'll never need that feature but you never know.

I am very seriously considering getting a suit. Right now I have an Ice Armor set of bibs, and a Gander mountain jacket. But I dropped 40+ pounds and neither fit me well since they are 2XL. So I guess an upgrade could be possible. Did I read correctly that the camo does not have the padded knees? I really like the padded knees for hole hopping and would consider that a must. If they do not have it, I would think the green would be my choice.

How long is the free shipping/gloves deal going to be around? I have to sell my other stuff first. Thanks for the info...

It will more than likely be around for a while.

Just purchased my HSO AA Jacket and Bibs. Man oh man, I don't know if I could be any more excited. Can't wait until the day that they arrive, I guarantee that I will be wearing them out on the ice somewhere. Almost makes me want to stay off the ice until I get them. I can now say that I have my full ice fishing arsenal, this was the last item needed.

I am about the same size and could have worn a XL but went with the XXL but I like my cloths to be loose. I have the camo suit and that is not lined like the plus. Maybe someone with a plus will chime in but I thought they were going a size up with the plus.

Welcome to Hotspot Outdoors- Just noticed it was your first post.

Looking to purchase these suites, but concerned about the buoyancy rating on these suits, since they are not certified by the coast guard, like life jackets. How long does the material stay buoyant? Has the manufacture done any tests? Need more info please....thanks ahead of time Harvey Lee!!!

Yes, many others have jumped into the water to test them. One TV station in Mankato had a reporter go to Madison lake and jump into the water with another.

I will see if I can dig up some water footage for you.

I do not know if there is a certification rating for these as they are not Coast Guard approved, but they do work.