• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor......Is it worth the money?

Mike Stark

Was loading up the fish house to get outta Dodge later today for the holiday weekend trip and the truck said –26. I put on my usual Columbia down jacket and started packing stuff away in the fish house tub, but holy cow, I was freezing! Finally I went inside and put on my Arctic Armor. Not brittle, not puffy, not cold. I was able to get everything done faster and without the discomfort. It looks like things are going to warm up a little but no matter if it was painfully cold or not I’m thankful I have an Arctic Armor suit for the weekend.

It’s a company motto but it really rings true when things get this dangerously cold out: Have a safe and fun weekend everyone but above all stay warm, stay dry, stay alive! Catch one for me.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one konw if the coat alone would float a man or do you need the bibs on ? RR

idi gear or Arctic Armor does not guarantee buoyancy with just one piece due to the millions of variations that could occur with different types of jackets and pants.

Just the pants alone or the jacket will be warm but if one is concerned about the issue of drowning, one should purchase the whole suit.

Take a look here.

http://www.outdoorprostore.com/arctic-armor.html

I got a lucky Artic armour suit! Wore it for the first time last weekend in a tourny and won fisrt place for largest fish worth $1000.00! Oh by the way great suit it was -10 when we started fishing and stayed nice and warm.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

HSO Arctic Armor is good stuff. The insultex in HSO Arctic Armor has the highest rated insulation value by weight of any thing used for clothing. Nothing even close to HSO Arctic Armor. Very Light-weight and asy to move with!!!

Add in the fact that it breathes and is waterproof much like Goretex and you quickly realize this is a three season suit that can be used as rain gear too.

Throw in the amazing property of flotation and you have a suit that can help keep you alive in a dangerous situation in the event you found yourself in cold water.

It is simply the best cold weather gear available and it's also the best three season outdoor wear for those cool possibly rainy days outdoors. Keeping you warm and dry.

Did I say it can double up as rain gear as well.

Arctic Armor - Click Here to See it. FREE Gloves - FREE SHIPPING - FAST DELIVERY - IT FLOATS.

Stay Warm - Stay Dry - STAY ALIVE

One thing I would like to know is how much weight the suit should float. I have heard all kinds of numbers from about 290 lbs to 700 lbs. I have been told that it will float me and two others could hang onto me and it would float all three of us. Does anyone know approximately how much flotation these suits should provide according to a size chart. People ask me this and all I can really say is "I'm not sure.". blush

I would say that if you can fit in any of the AA suits you will float. I was told at the ice show by AA that they will float 700lbs. Hope I don't have to try that out ever, but I know I'm good. Just so everyone doesn't pile on me.

If you are over heating, you are over dressing! Dress lighter, and you will sweat less!

Arctic Armor does breathe out moisture vapore and does retain the heat. If you are active and sweat a lot you need to open the jacket up or take it off until you become less active.

I like the suit so much that I bought a second one for my bride also in camo but it's the lighter in colour one . It's great how the suit can be utilized year round with comfort in mind for the active outdoorsman .

TD

SM1 I always take my jacket off while I am setting up to avoid getting overheated(sweaty). If it is above 15 and no wind I will not wear the jacket cause the bibs are more then enough for me. Everyone is different in what is warm or how much cold they will tolerate before adding a another layer. This past weekend I was outside shooting photos and the air temp was at 20 below. I was standing still for hours and stayed perfectly warm. My hands and toes on the other hand both got cold cause I did not wear my heavy boots and need thin gloves in order to operate my camera. I really think that the camo version of Arctic Armour helps me to get close to the wildlife which helps to get better shots.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like the suit. If im sitting or without too much activity the suit is comfortable. If im active its too warm, for me.

In my snowmobile example I was trying to spend most of the time on one ski so that involved some extra effort on my part. Good idea to not wear the parka during fish house setup, i'd recommend that too.

It's great that the stuff floats, but like so many say that when you walking to your spot and setting up it's too warm so you take the jacket off. How well does it work if you fall through only wearing the bibs? Obviously the most likely time to fall through would be early or late in the year when the weather is warmer and when your walking, thus less likely to be wearing the top. Maybe you can float fine vertically by pushing your legs down but by the way the videos look that might be somewhat difficult. I personally would not want floatation on my legs and not my upper body if I went through. We all hope to not have to count on the flotation but it's something I have wondered about.

Bringing this back up, Is this Arctic Armor stuff quiet? Am thinking about getting some to use for hunting and fishing, but needs to be silent, cant have that plasticy crunching sound when it gets cold out especially for bow hunting.