• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor......Is it worth the money?

Mike Stark

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Does anyone know if they knock the price down on them at the show,

It has been said a couple times that the price will stay the same at the show. I would not call Arctic Armor a "need to move" item. They are priced just great for what they do.

You might get a bumper sticker if you ask grin

Does anyone know if they knock the price down on them at the show, maybe Sunday when vendors are packing up? I'm starting to like the green suit, and I think I want the HSO patch on them.

No they wont but they do toss in a new pair of Arctic Armor gloves.

Look what came in the mail today grin Perfect for the weekend wink

3085907936_23037e2730_o.jpg

3085072313_1737dd66dd_o.jpg

Cool!

3085070949_441909f4ba_o.jpg

IDI sure has your saftey in mind with this suit. I like what is on the back of the jacket wink.

3085073505_22c2488f79_o.jpg

I am 5' 11", around 230lb's and for the Plus suit the XL fits like a glove, with extra room to grow in the mid section grin

Best purchase of the year for me!

Thanks Tom for all your help.

gopher nation.....no not so much! But being from the north land I get back up ice fishing once or twice a year...and God willing in a couple years we'll be moving back for good. I'm losing my mind living in this state!

I was thinking about going to one of the local boat docks with my arctic armor on and take a good run and jump off the dock with my rod in hand and pretend like I'm fishin! lol

sno suit have you tried it i bought a set last year its the warmest suit on the market. they are made for search and rescue. last year on burntside 20 below 2o mph wind on a tow sled 15 mph was like sitting in the house try one called sno suit. good luck fishing

I have read every post in this thread, and was just getting ready to order a set of Artic Armor from the pro store. The info from these posts have led me to believe these suits are very warm and wind proof.

I am a member on one of the Michigan forums, and caught a thread there from someone that had just purchased a new Artic Armor suit and was quite dissatisfied with the warmth of the suit. The person stated that he was not warm even in 25 degree weather with a light wind.

Has anyone else had this problem? An issue that I did not see on these posts is weather the person needs to layer clothing like you do with the Ice Armor. I did not purchase the Ice Armor due to the lightness of the coat, and the fact that I would have to use more clothing than normal to keep warm after spending a considerable sum for the new clothing.

If layering is needed, what is the most efficent under garments to wear with the Artic Armor?

If anything, it's quite the opposite and any dissatifaction I've heard is that the suit it TOO WARM.

I've NEVER worn anything more than a pair of long underwear and jeans/sweatshirt and at times not even the long underwear.

I am about 6' 220 and with 25 degree temps and light wind I bet I could go in my "Birthday Suit" underneath and still be warm grin

I don't know about going in your birthday suit (and thanks for that visual buy the way sick) but you shouldn't have to wear too many layers. Now it depends on what you are doing. Biggest thing for me deer hunting was my feet got cold. Once that happens your whole body is cold. You need to keep your head, hands and feet warm as these are the big exit points for heat on your body. That being said I wear either underarmor or long underwear, then jeans or sweats on the bottom. On top I wear either underarmor or long underwear and a sweatshirt. If I'm planning on being outside a lot then I will wear one extra shirt. But if I'm in the ice house, it's not needeed as I usually have my jacket off within the first ten minutes of the house being flipped. Riding in a boat at full throttle last weekend on the river I still got a little cold. That was while driving though. Still broke the wind great but I didn't button down the hood good enough to stop the wind from going down it.

I've worn my Camo AA in some pretty good winds and there is no doubt it stops the wind. INSULTEX™ is some amassing stuff. As far as layering I think its going to be up to the individual user and of coarse temps. So far I can see eliminating some of the under thicker layers needed with conventional outer winter gear. Keep in mind because of the properties of INSULTEX™ you've eliminated a lot of bulk and weight right off the bat.

I got my AA last year and the first couple of times out I over dressed under my suit, started sweating and got cold, with atric armour less clothing under the suit is better. I have now learned how to dress with the AA suit, most times it is jeans on the bottom and long sleeve t and a mid weight long sleeve shirt on top, any more clothes and I sweat. I might wear a hoodie to the lake, if it is really cold a set of under armour bottoms under my jeans. But no more then 2 layers under the suit, you will sweat otherwise.

WW

If you are active at all, you will stay very warm with just jeans and a t-shirt underneath. If you dont move at all, I would wear Under Armour, and a sweatshirt, and pull the draw strings in to prevent wind from entering the suit, if you do that I dont know how one could get cold.

The last two days we made some really good ice and I was toasty warm. I didn't even run my heater at all on Saturday or Sunday. Sweat pants, longsleved t shirt with regular tshirt and a hoodie underneath my Arctic Armor. Heaven. Like others said, I actually took my coat off after I had walked a ways to new holes. I sat in my one man portable with no heat and can honestly say I was very comfortable, with the exception a couple times of my hands. But that was because I was taking my gloves off all the time. Arctic Armor is wonderful for the pure fact that you don't have to feel like the Michelin Man all bulked up in a suit to fish. It was quite windy this weekend and my AA won the test with ease!