• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor......Is it worth the money?

Mike Stark

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
large seemed like the comfy size in the camo but needed a XXL in the plus...

Do you mean XL?

oops..actaully i meant the xl camo was a nice fit but needed the xxl in the plus...i messed up cause the first camo i tried on was a large and was a decent fit but kinda tight on the arms but the xl was perfect...tried on the xl plus and it felt like the camo large...so i put on the xxl plus and it felt like the xl camo...maybe that extra lining in the plus makes it feel a bit smaller.

edit - taking out my price comments about splitting sizes...

On another note, I thought I lost my jacket a week ago, and was almost depressed, I like it so much. But low and behold, my bro found it in the dry storage in our boat, so I am sleeping better at night now. smile Will be wearing it this weekend if all goes well.

Thanks for the info FISHINGURU!

Can not wait until my comes grin

no problemo

yeah your gonna love your suit....tested mine out sighting in the muzzleloader yesterday and it was plenty warm..granted it wasn't -10 and not standing on a block of ice...i like all the pockets and if you zip up and flip the hood up you can hide your whole face in there.

after that me, my dog and my buddy went to a local lake to walk around shore and see the ice condition...we had about 3 inches...everything was good until me and my buddy stood by eachother and the 100lb dog came over and it cracked...it made a crack atleast a 1/4 mile each way.

never seen a crack get made like that...it was crazy...we didn't sink and we were only in 3ft of water...but yeah we turned around and decided to wait another week to test it lol...be safe out there...a few fish isn't worth a life.

I just got a new Arctic Armor Plus suit today. Tried it on and it fit perfect. Can't wait to try this out in the cold weather. I'm 6', 180 and got the bibs and jacket in size large.

One of the main reasons I bought the Arctic Armor was I thought it would be great to wear in the boat for late fall and early spring fishing trips.

naw they were the correct sizes unless the tags on the suits were messed up which i doubt.

put on a camo then a green plus of the same size and tell me if you think they feel the same...i didn't try a red.

i had every suit and size to try on and choose from....unless the actual size varies a little bit on each suit.

guess people will have to see for themselves...when i was lookin around to order some sites said to order a size bigger then normal...but then you'll hear from people to get them a size smaller then normal....i just know the camo large i tried on was a tad to small but the camo XL was perfect....but the XL plus was a tad small but the XXL plus was perfect.

maybe it was the different material that makes them feel different but the plus's felt a little tighter and shorter in the arms and up on the shoulders...could be from the brushed tricot on the inside of the plus that takes up a bit more room...i dunno..i'm happy mine fits nice though lol.

I got the Arctic Armor XL jacket and bibs in Camo this early Fall. I'm 6' 190' lbs and like the fit. There is room for added layers but still not baggy without layers.

I used the jacket in the duck blind and it is warm. Its nice to be dressed for cold weather and not have the bulk and weight most jackets have. Lots of pockets to stash away things that would normally need to be put in a pack. This suit is going to be very nice for running and gunning this ice season. While setting out decoys in the dark, the AA'a added feature of flotation was a reassurance. Just a note its not a Coast Guard approved.

It was a cold deer season up here. I wore the bibs with just long underwear underneath and I stayed toasty warm in the stand. I hunt with my son and he doesn't have Arctic Armor so 4 hours mornings was all we could stay out.

yeah now us new guys just need some cold weather to test it out in...these 40+ degree days coming up isn't lookin to good for the ice...even worse they are talkin about some rain mixed in.

gets pretty hot wearing these around your house pretending your out ice fishing lol.

I used mine last ice season, and fall fishing on Leech. The wind blocking and low weight are the major benefits of the Insultex. The only caution I have is it cannot take high heat at all. I had my elbow over a small Sunflower heater and melted a hole in my jacket. The company sent me some fabric, I went to a tailor shop and they patched for 20 dollars, hardly notice spot. What is really great about it is kneeling on wet ice in spring sight fishing, stayed dry, which did not happen with my old Carharts.

hmmmmmm....well i just got back from gander mountain and fleetfarm looking for a suit for my friend and they definatly don't have them where we were...we looked everywhere then asked them and they didn't even know what they were lol.

there was ice armor and under armor...but no arctic armor.

hmmmmmm....well i just got back from gander mountain and fleetfarm looking for a suit for my friend and they definatly don't have them where we were...we looked everywhere then asked them and they didn't even know what they were lol.

there was ice armor and under armor...but no arctic armor.

It amazes me that so many people are obsessed (or so it seems) with buying stuff at the big box stores. There are plenty of places to purchase this suit. Some of whom sponsor the site that you are typing on. I havent seen a fleet farm ad or gander ad on here supporting the site recently. Sorry for my rant! Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a heartfelt dislike for big box stores.