• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor......Is it worth the money?

Mike Stark

Thanx for the info. Im looking forward to using the suit this winter instead of wearing layers of clothes. smile

Most days all I wear is my Underarmour and some fleece sweats and a fleece shirt. I really like how it feels so light when moving around. You don't have that all that weight (pair of Carhartts)to lug around.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda pathetic that with I D I Gear right from my own back yard that it's still next to impossible to go a few miles to try it on and look at the various styles. You would think more sporting good stores around here would have it.

Coon

They have no problem in selling you 2 different size's. Some people only want bib's and others jacket's so just pick the size you want and yes they do run big for there size. I am 6' around 255 and I could have got by with XL in both the jacket and bibs but being the dumb swede I am I still bought XXL. They are big but you know I don't mind that and I guess it gives me room to grow grin

got my plus suit the other day from a local ely store.

wore it out today for some ice fishing.

man is that suit warm!! i had my jacket either off or un zipped the entire time...it was in the teens today here in ely...the knee pads are great kept me dry and warm.

if you can get to a place to try it on...do it

great suit. only thing about the plus suit is that your clothes dont slide as smoothly as they would with the nylon linning. you just have to take you time putting the suit on.

overall great suit...and the peace of mind that if floats when im sitting on little ice is priceless.

Coon

They have no problem in selling you 2 different size's. Some people only want bib's and others jacket's so just pick the size you want and yes they do run big for there size. I am 6' around 255 and I could have got by with XL in both the jacket and bibs but being the dumb swede I am I still bought XXL. They are big but you know I don't mind that and I guess it gives me room to grow grin

Thanks for the info...I finally found a store that had "1" xxl coat and it def runs big. I think I could get by with xl too. SO...if I choose to order seperate sizes for bibs and jacket, do I have to call my order in? Cause the price doesn't adjust when you try and place it via the paypal site.

i was gonna pick one up at the ice fishing expo but i'm gonna be taking a couple ice fishing trips before the 5th so i'd like to get one sooner if i can to bring it along.

how long does an order take if paying by credit card on average? my first trip in on thursday so i'm hoping i get one by then.

to answer your question after i just bought one of these today is yeah they are well worth it...they are warm and way lightweight...so lightweight u wonder how its so warm...i haven't got to test her out yet in the extremes though.

they are comfy and you can use them for more then just ice fishing...like tomorrow i'm gonna wear mine to go sight in my muzzleloader...walk the dog...shovel snow...river fishing on shore or in the boat...any cold weather situation really.

i noticed the plus suits seem to be sized different then the camo...i was trying them both on trying to decide and the large seemed like the comfy size in the camo but needed a XXL in the plus...i went with the plus since i have tons of scent blocker suits for hunting.

i'm 6'1 200 lbs..so if your similar to me i'd go large in the camo but bump it up a size for the plus...not sure on the red suit i didn't try that one on.

but yeah i'm happy with the purchase forsure....and it floats...thats pricless really.

Quote:
large seemed like the comfy size in the camo but needed a XXL in the plus...

Do you mean XL?

Well folks, just placed my Order for my HSO Arctic Armor Plus suit here at the Outdoor Pro Store AA Page!!!

Can not beat the price, living here in Princeton. Free gloves, HSO crest, free shipping!

I can not wait to get it grin!

I think this may have been asked before, but can you order on-line (at outdoorprostore.com) and pick one size in a camo jacket and a different size camo bibs and still get the set for $339 along with the free gloves, free shipping and no tax? If so, how? Thanks!

Harvey Lee - I not trying to be a pain here but I cannot figure out how to seperate the sizes for the coat and bibs when you pick the $ 339.00 option. I did try a different route and chose the option to pick the coat and bibs seperately but then the price in the cart came out to be $388.00 - Does it change the pricing when you get all the way to the checkout (I didn't go that far yet) Thank You!