• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 2008 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

I tell ya, I am worried about the upper NW division for channels. I will be lucky to pull a 20lb’er, up their they pull them like we pull bull heads down here grin.gif.

I think you guys have a good run on flats down that way also...

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: dtro

Cmon Tyler, let's do something about that cool.gif

Right on. If I have anything to say about it, crazy's going to the back seat.

THE road trip for me is long over due. I'd really like to make it up there this year

*blatant solicitation for a ride*

OK, so the SS Bathtub is in drydock for prolly another week. are there any of ya going out tomorrow night that have an open seat?

... I'm not opposed to using doughnuts as bribes...

\:D\:D\:D\:D\:D\:D\:D

Originally Posted By: shackbash

Crazy,

Just razzing ya!

I have faith in Tyler and you being on top this year.

For heck, you guys hit it in the A.M., when most are P.M. starters grin.gif

Ya apparently you got all the nice ones before i got there...musta pulled in 15 or so under 15"

PS dtro its Dufek not Dur fek. Ill refrain from a carlos mencia joke on that one. ;\) Thanks!

Alot of the same this morning, small ones that is. But Tyler did manage a larger one. We weighed this one for the fun of it cause none of the fish caught yesterday hit the scale. 9lb 15oz, so that means that most of the bigger fish we caught yesterday were over 10lbs probably.

And I think that a road trip is something that needs to be done for sure! Even if only for a weekend.

WEll I hit the Minnesota river all day today, I put on over 15 miles and not a nibble. SIGH... I searched holes, curent, curnet breaks, shallow runs, and corners and wood... sigh sigh sigh.. I cant believe I did not even get a nibble. I was catting and trying for white Bass and I even started jigging but with no luck....????????? Not sure I am going to like this stretch of water over here.???? Maybe it just got to darn shallow last summer and every thing was pushed East????? Sure hope they come back... I was not even graphing many fish.????

I had 39+ degrees today. Same story here, fished a lot of different spots. Didn't get into the cats but, the carp, buffalo, white bass, and sheepies where plentiful. My fishing buddy had a lot of bites on cut bait, but never hooked up. Won't be long now. It was fun just to get out and catch some fish.

Dtro, I emailed you off line about possibly getting hooked up with one those sweet hats for myself and a friend of mine that got signed up earlier this week. you can send me an email or call me at 507-386-4080 ex. 4157 about details

We will be hitting the river tomorrow in hopes of putting some fish up. Good luck to all that head out this weekend it should be a good time to be out.

Thanks to all those that have spent time putting this together I look forward to getting out and think this will prove to be an incentive for me to get out more. Thanks again guys.

Ok I just put two and two together Goose \:\)

I'll give you a call.

Here's the deal with the hats. I'm pretty sure I ordered a few extra, but I won't know for sure until I get them all sorted out and dispersed.

I did confirm that a second order could be placed if we get 12 ordered (they come in a dozen).

Let me get these first ones figured out and I'll have a better idea where we are at.

Originally Posted By: AceintheHole
dtro can you please sign me up. I tried emailing but it didn't go through. Thank you Chris Kiesner (aka AceintheHole) Looking forward to hooking up with some of the kotc pros.

will do

Thank you very much. Maybe you can take a prior lake boy out on the river sometime. I send most the summer down on the shores would like to get out in a boat a few times. P.S. Both flats and channels. A hat would be great just let me know what I need to do to get one. Thank you Ace.

I had 36 degree water. I was fishing from the N. Redwood Falls landing East to Morton and west about a mile or so. Found some real good hols but not a real lot of wood for fishing. No deep water wood.

I would sure think some eyes or something would be eating out there.. LOL..

well got the motor started today and will be cleaning out the boat and such tomorrow. only bad part is hyundai recalled the wiring harness on my tow hitch so i have a schedule for next monday to get a replacement. might use my dads truck to take it out to pool 2 next weekend. ill probably be mostly jigging with fatheads hoping for eyes or anything else. ive heard some people pulling channels out of there with em already.

Originally Posted By: bgreen82
well got the motor started today and will be cleaning out the boat and such tomorrow. only bad part is hyundai recalled the wiring harness on my tow hitch so i have a schedule for next monday to get a replacement. might use my dads truck to take it out to pool 2 next weekend. ill probably be mostly jigging with fatheads hoping for eyes or anything else. ive heard some people pulling channels out of there with em already.

Sounds like your getting a good jump on the season... Hope it works out better for you this year..... than last year...

Good luck..