• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 2008 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

Originally Posted By: crazyice
You know what I am wrong about that date, it was when he was with you Chris, the 14th was when the kato gathering was I think... Now I am not sure of anything I posted!

Hanson took me fishing on May 12. We got 4 that night. 32#, 14#, and 2 smaller ones.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochester still "among" the Channel cat leaders, and tops in the Flatties. I'm taking advantage of saying that because when I get back from 2 weeks in Europe, I'll bet things will be quite different.

Good Luck all, and play it safe in this high water.

There are 4/12 that have been requested. I could ask the company how much it would be to order less than 12.

I'll find out and post back here.

Ok guys good news on the hats. She has 7 blanks left. I have 3 of them spoken for already. That leaves 4.

I'm going to set a Sunday deadline for an order. First come first served. I may have one extra (non customized) hat left when all is said and done depending on a couple of things.

Please purchase the hat at www.kotc2008.com If it is a customized hat make sure to include the name you want on it.

For those of you that have already ordered on the second batch, I will try to get those started asap.

I'm heading out the door right now. I hope to get on ghe board this evening. I'm going to spend a fair amount of time chasing flats tonight too. Moore's Cat Contest is only a few days away - I have to find some fish.

I'm sidelined for about 10 days thanks to a minor lower unit issue. (i.e. spun prop from a meet and greet with a log)

Bummer Jon

I guess that's karma for sitting atop the leader board whistle

Just kidding, nice job on the fish and I hope you get your issue fixed pronto.

Good Luck

"Karma"

Probably right. I figured the log knew it had no chance to sink me and would just get out of the way. Wrong! eek

I wasn't around last year for KOTC. I have seen some of the photos. However, what I really want to get a look at is how the leaderboard shaped up at the end of last year.

Thanks for working on the hats still, I am getting tired of being skunked with the control item in my pocket. I used to dislike crazy for all the big cats he's been showing off but with his avatar hugging a big sturgeon I guess he's ok. Monday I had the plan; catch some bullhead and for kicks try for a flat head. I caught two bulls and loaded one on by the tail and cast and sure enough the thing flew off. Next one was through the back and it stayed on until it became cutbait. No action but I think it won't be too long.

Wow, dislike me for being lucky huh? smile Trust me those first fish were more luck than anything, we haven't been able to find much for size since! Besides, I got knocked off of first place pretty swiftly and easily.

I still think it's gonna take 200+ to win it this year.

It might take that to win the channels. smile

Just a reminder for anyone that wants a hat. I will be putting in the order tomorrow. Only a few remain.

Originally Posted By: wastewaterguru

I still think it's gonna take 200+ to win it this year.

It might take that to win the channels. smile

I wanna see that bag of fish!! grin

I don't think there is any way you can do it with channel cats from Minnesota.

Ok fellas, I am going to admit something here but it was not easy for me.

I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!! they scare the living crud out of me.. Well this is what I saw just after anchoring up for a fishing spot the other day,

heard some sand falling..

Saw this, almost Shat my self,

Decided I was done fishing in that spot.

Went to pull up anchor...

You are already thinking ahead arent you...

there it was, a twin to the one on the bank..

About the size of a tennis ball and around 6 feet long!!!! slinking up my Anchor rope, its head was just up to the bow of my boat when I went reaching for the rope..

Mine you I was keeping my eyes on the one on the bank... Looked down just when I was about 6 inches from the rope and BAM!!!!!!!!

Fell over in boat,

bonked head on seat,

Screamed like a little school girl, Just in case some of you heard something that afternoon like an "Yeddy" It was me..

Beat the living crud out of it with net till it fell off rope, in the water it went..

along the boat still trying to fight the water and still trying to get in the boat..

Ok, it gets to the back of the boat.. Now we all know what happens in the back of a boat on the river... Swirling water, dead water, no curent to fight, nice lower unit in the water to climp up... RIGHT ON!!!!!!!

The fight was back on... Needless to say I am not sure who won, he did swim away but I lost over 20 years in that few moments.

Not sure I will ever go shore fishing after this.. I had no idea we had BUll snakes down here.. I lived down here for over 5 years before and never heard or saw of such a thing.. NOT A GOOD Day on the water for me.. Fired up the motor, raced all the way home from gold Mine.. did not even stop to check out any fishing spots.. pant pant..

163804.jpg

LOL grin

Thanks for the breakfast laugh Rusty. Great story.....to read of course. I don't want any snakes in my boat either.

Those bulls can get pretty big too.