• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 2008 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

Riverrunnerz cements a solid foothold into the green with an outstanding 44.5x33.5 52LB fish!!

Congrats man, would love to hear some details.

And while lowblazah gets knocked out in flathead race by riverrunnerz he gets his green back and knocks shamu out in the Channel division.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should make for a very interesting late summer/fall bite.

There is a large number of guys right at the brink of breaking though. Just need to get that one big fish.

Ed, you are I have been pretty stale on the flathead board. We both need upgrades, I think. People are passing us left and right. Want to borrow the orange upgrade monkey?

We might have to go fishing together and bring the monkey with.

Any time Ed. We are definitely due. Fortunately, I threw the monkey out on Thursday, so I think my next outing is upgrade-time. Holy smokes, it's not even funny any more. Nice fish, RiverRunnerZ, but submitting a fish is only 1/2 the fun! Now you need to tell us some details, or at least make up a story to go with it! Story time is the 1/2 of the fun where we get to live vicariously...

Thanks it has just been a pretty good year for me with some help from flaco651 and river hawg for some techniques to land them and boat support and then now i picked up a boat and broke her in with a 52 lb flat on the first time out i cuaght it on the minnesota between two snags with a bully

Finally got on the board with my PB 44x29 42.5 lber and 43x26 36.5 lber both caught within 3 days of each other. I have another one 39x24 27 lber that my friend has on his camera that I hope to get on the board as well. Man that was a blast catching those piggies! Those pics should be up on the KOTC board soon. Sorry Im not sure how to post from here... frown

Finally got on the board with my PB 44x29 42.5 lber and 43x26 36.5 lber both caught within 3 days of each other. I have another one 39x24 27 lber that my friend has on his camera that I hope to get on the board as well. Man that was a blast catching those piggies! Those pics should be up on the KOTC board soon. Sorry Im not sure how to post from here... frown

Read the directions and follow the links at the beginning of this thread. I think that you have 48hours to submit your entry according to the rules.

Prevents sandbagging if people caught fish days, weeks, months back.

I missed out on an entry because of this one.

thanks aanderud...Just posted the story as a new topic...A night of Upgrades...thanks again andrew that was a blast! Hopefully this luck will carry over to the get-together and i can keep climbing the leader board cool Here's a quick quote from last night when lowblazah caught his "Man this fish smells like S**t" thats because it took one in the boat sick

Steve you're almost at 160. Very nice. You have opened I'd say an almost insurmountable lead on channels. We'll see, I have been fairly surprised at the lack of chanel entries lately. Maybe everyone fishes them in august...

You have opened I'd say an almost insurmountable lead on channels. We'll see, I have been fairly surprised at the lack of chanel entries lately.

Gonna be a tough nut to crack, thats for sure.

I can't recall what a typical Red River 20lb channel has for girth but the one I entered last year was 18" girth. So (3) 35" cats with 18" girths puts a guy at 159 points. Going to be pretty tight at the top. Yikes. shocked

Hey, way to go joining the 200 club, Tom and Scott. I can't believe Shamu had to be mean like that and sneak out to 200.5. I guess I should have pulled the tape a little tighter, squeaze in the sides a bit on that fish from Friday.