• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 2008 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I'm wide awake at work..

I fish a fraction of what the heavy hitters do.

I get 2 nights a week all season... Lately I've been averaging 1 night a week.

Late season seems to shine on me, and it seems this season is no different than the rest... with the exception of the Smokin Hot spring bite which I completely missed out on the previous two seasons, gonna have to see how the rest of the season goes.

Got a new early morning job and lately its been zero nights a week have not been out the last ten days or so. maybe when the hunting starts I can mend everything together and sleep after work and then I have 21 hours to fish/hunt

Wow, leaderboard movement again! Nice jump, Ray. It's nice to see someone putting a late season push on for channels!

I expect the flathead board to get a little movement here this next month. I heard a couple good reports yesterday of some big flatties on Saturday and again last night.

Look out Steve im aiming for you. I got two nice upgrades tonight on the mighty Red River.

Nice fish, Ray. I figured it was only a matter of time with those big channels on the Red. Hopefully I can hang on in the green on the channel board until 30 September.

I'm heading out tonight to try to get on the Green on the Flathead Board. Water temp is starting down now, St Croix is at 71 degrees - that will trigger the fall bite as they put the feedbag on for wintering.

Good Luck, Ray.

Yeh Steve i have to say that 159 is going to be a hard one to beat. Im not getting the girthy cats yet and i think that will probably happen after sept. 30 frown Thanks for the luck cuz i will need it.

Huh? The fishing turns on up there after Sept is over? I thought October meant ice-fishing in the red river valley.

This little girl was Sept 23 a couple years back.

36 Incher

Chris%2036a%20Channel%2009-23-05.jpg

Man do I wish I was up there again. grin

I seem to recall some discussion on the merits of including the winter channel cats in the mix, or perhaps a general discussion re: winter pressure on the cats... can't remember which way things panned out though.

Whoa - Looks like you are coming on strong, Darren. I just got in from chasing cats. Skunk City. One small sheepshead on cut bait - beautiful night but no fish. I'll be out again soon - I have to stay ahead of Darren on the channel cat board.

Ok guys, we are in the home stretch. I guarantee you there are hungry fish out there just waiting for a bait to be put in front of them. It just takes a little extra motivation this time of the year. It's a great time to be on the water. Not very many boats and the scenery it spectacular.

I'll be out tonight trying to catch Steve on the Channel side of the board.

BTW...Keep your eyes peeled on this forum. I'm putting together a video of Channel Cat pattern that LFC had a major role in helping me to find some very nice fish in the past couple of weeks. I have no reason to believe why it still wouldn't work. I will try to get that up this weekend.