• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 2008 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll state that it will take 210 to be in the top ten and who knows with the top 5.

I don't know about 10 people with 210+ . There's only 4 that high so far. You think the "210" club will more than double in size? Sure, there's a month and a half of good fishing left, but that's still a bold prediction. I'm going to say 210 gets you into top 7, maybe even top 5 (with ties). Time will tell. I think I'm going to the opposite end of the spectrum as you just to be argumentative smile

Some of us Moorhead guys are starting to catch a few bigger ones. You cities folk better look out. I think i may have even nocked someone out of the green.

Lot of nice fish caught in the past week. I think it's safe to say that the big ones are willing to cooperate once again.

LFC and ec30-06 made some waves in the green area.....nice job guys!

Crazyice, nice fish. Any time you can upgrade in August, I think you're doing well.

It has been a tough month so far for me. I think only 2 flatheads this month. I've had 5 personal skunkings, including 2 boat-wide skunkings, and 2 one-fish nights. At least both fish have been decent sized fish, 14 and 26 lbs.

Next year I'm taking July and August off and leaving it for "Mr August" and friends smile

Next year I'm taking July and August off and leaving it for "Mr August" and friends smile

Wait a minute now... thats my game plan. Alot easier on the checkbook and I'm wide awake at work too. grin

Very nice fish Crazyice!

Quote:
Next year I'm taking July and August off and leaving it for "Mr August" and friends

This is about the third year I have thought this also. What keeps me going is the guys who got me started into flats only go during July and August. I have very good memories of fishing with these guys (from shore) during this time and having many fish caught. Never a 50, but 20-30's. I guess that is what keeps me going smile.

But!! Like Hanson said, the pocket book is feeling it more and more and it’s starting to get hard justifying $60-$70 a trip, with very little to show for it.

I guess you just have to go wink!

Well... I'm wide awake at work..

I fish a fraction of what the heavy hitters do.

I get 2 nights a week all season... Lately I've been averaging 1 night a week.

Late season seems to shine on me, and it seems this season is no different than the rest... with the exception of the Smokin Hot spring bite which I completely missed out on the previous two seasons, gonna have to see how the rest of the season goes.

Nice Fish crazyice! I see your new shoulder won the battle. Good luck for the Shootout! what did it weigh?

Not a new shoulder yet.... mad

They had to abort the surgery midway through it, and I have to have it redone on the 3rd of september. Tell ya what though, even that 18 lber I could feel my shoulder working, I would probably have some serious issues if I hooked into a true brute!