• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 2008 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

I invite you all to participate in this years King of the Cats Contest.

For all the rules, details and sign up info, please click the following link.

KOTC 2008

There are no fees and essentially the only thing you will be winning, is a title and bragging rights, but isn’t that what it’s all about anyways grin.gif

Lets make this a fun contest, and let’s catch some really big Cats!

To help reduce forum clutter, please keep all KOTC contest discussions and comments here on this thread.

Thanks and Good Luck!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job on the HSOforum - I really like the Leaderboard, it will be nice to see where we stand in the pecking order and to see how everyone is doing. I printed up a few paper control items and they turned out great. I'm ready to go - April 1st cannot come soon enough. I'm in for both channels and Flats.

So, the control item is out early this year. I was wondering about that when I looked at the new site. I think we are a good bunch of people and will not submit a "May" time monster channel or flat. Plus it is all for fun also. I just remember from last year you guys where tight lipped until the Friday before we started with the control item.

Nice job on the site Aanderud and cool logo Hanson.

Count me in and I will fill out the proper info on the site for flats and channels. Out fishing Sat. night, I think I have my bro in-law Kerry ready to sign up and pull the trigger for this year. I figure why not, he is with me 99.9% of my fishing/cat fishing time and kind gives a guy a good reason to bust out a couple times a week. All though, from the info I gained last year, I hope make this an early season, instead of freezing my arse off in Oct….

Good times!

I tell ya what, if you can catch a fish big enough to qualify in your top three before April…..more power to ya ;\) I guess I did catch a 26” channel yesterday, but it will take a lot more than that.

I will take entries all year long. If you can also catch 3 big fish in Sept, also more power to you and you deserve to be in the top 5. There were quite a few that got in “late” last year, and I don’t mind late comers this year.

All late entries will be required to use paper control item, unless there is enough interest for a second round of hats. Hat orders are due at the end Feb.

Also it’s very early yet, but I’ve targeted Jun 21 for a KOTC GTG. Should be a good weekend for big fish and also numbers. Location TBD

I guees your right, but those early 26"ers in May can have a killer girth. I got one on a mid May trip last year, a couple weeks before the KOTC started.

hQInqp+fgYGgoZ2V5ymCyumTY+1bqJs30300.jpg

It was well into April last year, but You, Hanson and LFC got into some early spring monster flats.

I tell ya, I ran threw last summers images of my cats and I am getting the bug for those warm spring river days.

Originally Posted By: shackbash
I guees your right, but those early 26"ers in May can have a killer girth. I got one on a mid May trip last year, a couple weeks before the KOTC started.

I'm not sure if you missed it or not, but KOTC starts the 1st of April this year, not late May like last year. So all April and May fat cats will count! Thus, we weren't too worried about releasing the control item early...after all, there's less than 6 weeks to go before April 1.

If someone gets some huge March cats, takes advantage of the control item being up early, snaps some pics of them with the control item, and then claims to catch em after April 1 so they count, I'd be surprised. I'll be even more surprised if this happens and it actually affects the outcome of the contest.

You are right. It started June last year. What was I thinking?LOL. Sorry did not make the connection. This is cool and makes a lot of sense now you cleared it Aanderud. Thanks

Boy, I feel like a fool. I got my months all mixed up.

Just causing trouble, do not mind me. grin.gif

I am wrong again, Flaco you are correct. I check the date on my image and it was like 4/20/2007 when I submitted it to my image host. Man, we where out early last year.

I will shut up at this point blush.gif.

Thanks guys

I guess I have lost too many brain cells to the brain cell gods over the years.

Got my email in. I can't wait till April 1st! Man, this means that we could be out chasing channels and flats down here before we get to go after the sturgeon on the 19th! What a great way to start the sping fishing. BTW awesome work on the site, I love the leaderboard as well. And the control item is pretty darn cool looking too. Is that the same logo that will be on the hat?

Originally Posted By: crazyice
Is that the same logo that will be on the hat?

yep, other than Hanson may do a little last minute tweaking to some of the coloring and details.

Cool hat. Now I won't have to stick the paper in my mouth after I just had it stuck on a channel and a flat. I can still taste that one I was using last year. It is amazing what a guy will do for an upgrade photo.

Originally Posted By: rushing
Same hat but different logo I have from another site. ;\)

where would the custom lettering go?

Well... its a stock hat style. We can only get original with so much of it.

Maybe Dtro can clarify but you can get the custom lettering on either side, or the back. I was thinking "Snakes & Sparklers" on one side, "Extreme" on the other side, and then plain old "Hanson" on the back. \:\) They might need to make an extra button for all the lettering I plan to add. grin.gif