• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 2008 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got my hat order in finely. Now if I could only get into some fish.. might have to make a trip easterly for some warmer water. Once the new boat gets done I will have to venture out a bit farter. Perhaps go over and stirr up some of that Hanson's water. LOL...

Originally Posted By: Wiskers
Perhaps go over and stirr up some of that Hanson's water. LOL...

Once next weekend comes, I should be already to go.

I'm installing a Swing Tongue on my boat trailer and then I can keep the boat at my place. Hope the parts make it here by the weekend!!! Start getting the bait tanks set up and it'll be game on!

Originally Posted By: hanson
 Originally Posted By: Wiskers
Perhaps go over and stirr up some of that Hanson's water. LOL...

Once next weekend comes, I should be already to go.

I'm installing a Swing Tongue on my boat trailer and then I can keep the boat at my place. Hope the parts make it here by the weekend!!! Start getting the bait tanks set up and it'll be game on!

Swing tounge on trailer................ Hanson throw me a bone and enlighten me. IS this an after market deal? Please share some details. Sorry for hijacking this post for a min.

Larry-

Yep, its an aftermarket part. My garage is 19'-6" from front to back and I can't angle the trailer in at all. My boat & trailer is 21' from tip to tail.

If I install the swing tongue bracket, I can pull a pin, swing the tongue back 180, and my overall length will now be 19' so she'll fit in the garage. Company called Fulton makes the swing tongue/hitch kits. Same company that makes trailer jacks, winches, and other trailer accessories. Its a $90 part but it'll pay for itself very quickly IMO.

If it works out alright, I'll post some photos of the install.

Now that I still have not even got on the board yet... sigh ..how does the points system work? How are the fish scored? I am trying to get my game plan together so I can jump right to the top when I finely get on the water and start pulling in some SUMO'S.. lol...

By the way, what is the hat status looking like. I put in an order but have not seen anything as of late.

Wiskers, just a simple Length X Girth = Total

We are up to 3 or 4 hats out of 12 total that I need to put in a second order.

BTW, I just noticed that we have a new leader in the Channel division.

You can use the Times for mine instead of the plus, that wont bother me at all LOL..

The river over here just hit 50 degrees finely today.. It was bouncing between 49-50-51. So it wont be long now I hope.. sigh sigh.. I have been down by the river every night building a camp fire to help it along but that is not helping much I see.. LOL..

Had to pull three huge stumps and trees out of the landing today also just to get the boat in the water and when I came back there was another tree across the landing.. sigh sigh.. Seems like nothing is going my way this spring.. .........fished for about two hours this after noon. Nice fresh fat River chubs, 21 foot hole, 11 foot eddy and bank wash out and not even a nibble..

So what is everyone's guess as to when the flat's really start showing up on the boards? I am going to say that they don't really get going for a week and a half yet.

I made my guess on the Flathead Crystal Ball thread ;\) I wouldn't be surprised of the top 10 was filled out by the end of the long Memorial Weekend.

Quote:
I made my guess on the Flathead Crystal Ball thread I wouldn't be surprised of the top 10 was filled out by the end of the long Memorial Weekend.

The top 10 SHOULD be filled by then. The crystal ball told me "signs point to yes" that I'd catch a Flat by the "opener" but I'm not sure how much time I'll putting in on the river this weekend. Soon its gonna be 3-4 nights a week fishing the river for me. I should be on the board for flats before the holiday weekend, but if not I got a Flathead trip planned for the memorial weekend anyway.

Tyler and I were talking about this yesterday and he said that he caught his first flathead last year on the 14th of may. Doesn't seem like that will be likely to happen this year.

I caught mine on the 5th of May. We put 6 flats in the boat between May 5 & 6 including a 25lb & 27lb, might have even had (2) 25 pounders, one each night.

I had a good run of fishing success all of May, including the night I took Tyler. I personally got a 32lb that night.

It all went downhill after that. \:o

You know what I am wrong about that date, it was when he was with you Chris, the 14th was when the kato gathering was I think... Now I am not sure of anything I posted!