• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 HSO Photo Contest- Archery Pics only please

Scoot

This thread is for people to post pictures for the 2012 HSO Photo Contest. I posted rules and info in another thread, which you can see in the link below.

Rules and Regs for 2012 HSO Photo Contest

Prizes are just in the process of being finalized and I'll post them before long so people know what they're competing for.

So, as soon as you have some pics to put up, please do so! Just as a reminder, you can submit three pics per person per category. The two categories are: 1) Hero shot, and 2) Non-hero shot. If you submit more than three pics, your first three pics will be considered.

Get those cameras out and use them! The ND season starts today at noon, so hopefully we can get some pics put up before long. I imagine it'll take a little while for this thread to get added to, but I think it'll happen eventually and snowball towards the middle-end of the season. Most importantly- if you don't have your camera with you and ready to use, you won't get pictures to contribute to the contest! So bring them with and make use of them!!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I get to start things off. Here are a couple of hero shots from the mule deer I took last tuesday in the badlands of North Dakota. He was shot at 28 yards. It was my first time there and a lot of fun was had. I absolutely love the DIY hunts and camping in the back country.

IMGP1852-001.jpg

IMGP1859-001.jpg

Good luck to everyone with the Minnesota opener only a couple days away!

dukhnt-

Can you share the story of how you shot that buck, for those of us dreamers?

Yes, please share the story! However, please do so in a separate thread- we'll try to keep this one reserved for pics and comments on pics. Thanks!

He is getting mounted in velvet. But I am getting a european mount done, not a full shoulder mount. Sometimes you have to compromise with the other half.

I will try to get a story up in the near future. I have lots of pics from the trip. Gotta get caught up at home first. Last week was the hunt and the week before that was a family trip to the Black Hills. So I got behind on a few things. But it was soooo worth it. Scoot-I will start a new thread for the hunting story.

whats a hero pic?

From the rules and regs link at the beginning of the thread...

Each entrant can submit three photos in each of the two categories. Category 1 will be the “Hero Shot” category- this is just as it sounds. Pictures in this category will be of a hunter and an animal he’s successfully taken with is bow and arrow. This can be a “classic hero shot” or something different, but pics of hunters and their harvested game animals will go in this category. Category 2 will be “Non-Hero Shot” and these pictures will include everything that’s not included in the Hero Shot category. Importantly, these pictures must be taken while in the process of archery hunting. They can be anything from sunsets, live deer, live bears, flowers, an old oak tree, a blood trail, etc. You get the idea…