• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 HSO Photo Contest- Archery Pics only please

Scoot

B-man uve had a year for sure I think you would be a entry for MVP hunting this season.

It ain't over yet baby laugh Still have MN rifle season and WI rifle season to have a crack at two more bucks............

But Mamma said to knock it off, or I'll have to get a second job to pay the taxidermist next fall grin

All joking aside, I consider myself very fortunate for everyday in the woods, and I am very thankful for all of the critters that have provided so much excitement and sustenance.

I am also very thankful for all of my friends; at home, and you guys online as well smile

A few days ago I brought up the idea of doing a hunt swap, because I'm new to the state and was looking for a place to hunt for the gun opener this weekend.

Jerkin'm (aka Patrick, a long time member here) took me up on the offer.

Words cannot express how grateful I am to be invited to hunt with him. Two complete strangers, brought together by the common bonds of hunting, and this HSOforum.

Meeting up with him in the morning in Ottertail county to chase some whitetails! Thanks a trillion Pat!

Good luck to all of you guys this weekend! Get a big one and stay safe smile

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool beans, Good luck, I'd be up for a ice swap sometime, i'll put ya up on LOW an u can put me up milacs, if your interested. Wouldnt happen this year tho. pretty full calender already. Let me know on this if it peaks your curiosity.

Cool beans, Good luck, I'd be up for a ice swap sometime, i'll put ya up on LOW an u can put me up milacs, if your interested. Wouldnt happen this year tho. pretty full calender already. Let me know on this if it peaks your curiosity.

Sounds good to me Boar!

.........but that's kinda like trading a Cadillac for a Gremlin grin

........Mille Lacs is really slow sometimes....but the beer really helps smile

Nice photo! You did a good job of photo editing with the background.

Nels

Thanks Nels! For the record... I edited out a brick on the left side of the picture and darkened the edges... other than that, the photo is all original. Both foreground and background are real and nearby where he shot the deer.

That will be a great non hero category, man the phots ore reall piling up, the judges will have their hands full, Scoot this was an awsome idea!

It's been slow to get going, but there are some great entries in there now! Great work everyone!!!

Yes, just to reiterate a couple of the rules- no trailcam pics will qualify, no pics taken from anything other than an archery hunt. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these are the rules that were in place from the start. Congrats on the pics, regardless of weapon. However, the gun-related pics won't qualify for this contest.

Great job everyone- keep 'em coming! FYI- just to try get more non-hero shots, I'm going to try direct some of the really kick-butt prizes in that department. So... carry a camera and take pics accordingly...