• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 HSO Photo Contest- Archery Pics only please

Scoot

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI- I'm still trying to get the prizes for this together. I apologize for the delay- I've been pretty swamped at work and home since I got back from my MT trip. Just a teaser in hopes of getting more picture entries- some of the prizes offered up so far are a plaque mount of a deer rack, a fishing trip for a dad and son on LOW (or any adult and a kid), a custom map, hunting knives, a new trail camera, and others that I'm forgetting right now.

So... get those pics taken and posted if you want a chance to win!!! I'm going out tonight and hope to take a few pictures that I can post. I'm not eligible to win in this contest (I'd just rig it so I got a cool prize anyway! laugh ), but I can post a couple pics for fun.

I took some great photos of a friend of mine who returned from Kansas with a dandy buck, but it wasn't an Archery deer..... this contest is archery only right?

Yep. Bowhunting related pics only for this one.

dose it count even if its a trail cma pic?

I'll admit that trailcam pics aren't what I had in mind, but given the number of entries, who knows... Heck, maybe it'll win you a fishing trip on LOW! wink

One of the main points of this is to try to encourage people to carry their cameras in the field with them and to take more pics. Given that, I'd sure like to keep trailcam pics out.

No prob scoot, i can certainly agree with that. I just figured since it was such a nice picture. But thats fine, not a problem an totaly understand an agree on the camera terms. Really shootin for that fishing trip.

Thats fine with me but I tend to agree with scoot about getting out there with the camera an putting photo skills to the test, I'm terriable at it, of the 9 bear ive shot over hte years an the one halle got i still dont have decent pics, I get to much adrenaline pumping to think claerly about a pictuer.

I guess I should clear that with you first Scoot??? Sorry eek

We can start another thread for Trail cam Pics I guess for people to vote on?!?!

Slim, I appreciate your generosity very much! However, I'm going to stick to my guns on this one in hopes of motivating people to bring their cameras out in the field with them. If you'd like to start a seperate thread for trailcamera pics, I encourage you to do it!

LOL- that's a picture many can relate to, Rip! I've definitely been there... My uncle one time split a tree no bigger than my pinky and it stopped his arrow completely- the broadhead went through it (which makes no sense given that the broadhead diameter was wider than the sapling) and the arrow stopped in the tree about halfway between the broadhead and the fletchings. Oh, it was about three feet short of a 160" buck too! Dang trees...

I've done this more than once, but there was usually a squirrel on the arrow. The porcupine I shot was too heavy & slid off. I have one in a tree about 12' off the ground right now from a squirrel, right by one of my stands. I'll have to retrieve that the end of next week. Made a bad shot & he made it out of sight before I got down. I'm sure he was owl or some other predator bait.