• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who are we? Post your Bios here!

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I've been following the thread for awhile and figured it's about time I posted my info:

My name is J.P. Lipton, I'm 31, and have been married for about four and a half years to my wife Gretchen. I was born in Hawaii, and moved to MN with my mom and youngest sister in 1988. I grew up in Mendota Heights and graduated from St. Paul Academy. I went to school in Maine (Colby College) and moved back home about a year after graduation. I finally got a chance to leave the metro, and in 2004 took a position with DNR Fisheries in Detroit Lakes. I love to flyfish, snowmobile, hike, ice fish, and as you might have guessed listen to the grateful dead, as well as all other kinds of music.

I have a wonderful daughter Abby who's three and a half and was born with down's syndrome. It was a surprise to both my wife and I, as we did not know she had DS until she was delivered. She pretty much rules the household and runs the show. She's one of the biggest gopher hockey fans that I know of, and will probably follow Dad around on the river flyfishing when she gets a little older.

abbyfishingpiergo9.jpg

abbytruckju1.jpg

abbysnowshoems1.jpg

dadabbysnowshoejz3.jpg

yep, she's got me wrapped around her finger \:\)

Jason,

Thanks for the kind words.

Have not been on Howard this winter (spending too much time up north on the big ponds), which is a shame since I live right behind it...this past summer has been ok. I'm not a big bass guy, have caught a couple by accident, tho, when hunting for Willy's and crappies.

Greg, happy birthday. My family has had a lake home on Beltrami for 25 years, and it's the only place other than Ely I wouldn't mind living.

Tips on 20 years? Well, I haven't been married 20 years unless you add up all three marriages. Then it's 20 years exactly. crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

My tip (learned the hard way) would be simply this: Take yourself lightly and your mate seriously.

I will jump into this one as well, this is a great thread,

My name is Wade Sand, 33 married, for 5 years, to Natalie and we have 2 wonderful kids Maddison who is 3 and Gavin who is 11 weeks old. I am an avid outdoorsman (at least I try) mostly fishing open water and hunting, but getting into ice fishing. We are both originally from North Dakota, I am from Grand Forks and Natalie is from Bisbee. We have lived down here for 7 years and love it, although it is nice to go back once in awhile.

any hints as to which link in photobucket I need to use to add pictures to the message instead of just getting hyper links?

Hanson-- what year did you graduate from Crookston? Did you wrestle in High School?

Steve,

Thanks...I've read many of your posts, and knew you had a cabin on Beltrami...what a gorgeous area it is, and fishing is (can be, I should say)fantastic. If I had my choice, if and when we move, I'd have a home on Beltrami.

J.P. Fisheries in D.L. I'm sure that you know my buddy who used to be the C.O. in D.L. but is now in Perham. We won't post his name without his permission. I've fished D.L. with him a couple of times but we haven't caught the elusive maskinonge yet. However, we have had a couple of really good sunny feeds from the Ottertail area. Say hi to him as you probably see him more often than I do.

Anyone else notice how much smaller the world has gotten in the past week?

André

Bigwade, if you use the link that starts with IMG and just copy and paste that one right into your post it will work. You don't need to use the "add photo" button on the reply page. Photobucket has made it very easy to show photos, although you may need to resize depending on your photos.

Eckie, you've got a very beautiful family. I love the blue eyes on your little guy. They just pop out.

Quote:
Yes there is. 12 steps to the jig rack, 12 steps to the minnow tanks, 12 steps to the rod rack. I be 12 steppin' all the time
Funny, Bruce! \:D

Quote:
yep, she's got me wrapped around her finger

JP, don't they all just have the key to our hearts? I think it's neat how everybody on here is giving their children a love for the outdoors. Loved reading your bio. \:\)

Quote:
My tip (learned the hard way) would be simply this: Take yourself lightly and your mate seriously.

Steve, I need to learn that one! \:\(

Nice to meet you Wade and of course, CUTE KIDS!!!! grin.gif

For all you Grand Forks people, I have a question for you.

Was up in Grand Forks for a day over the holidays. We went to eat at Applebee's in EGF, and noticed that their high school is the Green Wave. Who came up with that? All I can think of is an algae covered lake. \:\) Has that been the school knick name for a long time? Kinda feel sorry for the kids with Green Wave on their letter jackets.

My sister lives in Warren, and their kids like to tease the EGF kids. They sing "What do you get when you blow your nose - Green Wave, Green Wave..."

1. Go to your Photobucket account.

2. When you upload your photos into photobucket there is an options button in the upper right hand corner. Click it. Select 800X600 (15" screen).

3.I right click on the 2nd option down (Direct Link) and it is copied now.

4. Then you're going to either make a new post or reply to one and click on the ENTER AN IMAGE button (3rd button on left in the options above).

5. You need to get rid of the http:// line in the prompt box.

6. Then you right click and paste your photobucket link in that box.

7. After you click Post, your image should be there!

Here's my Ragdoll Milo acting goofy (as always)at the cabin laying on his back waiting to be smacked with the fly swatter! He loves it and I'm not sure why but I always oblige!

Pictures1002.jpg

Tom, if you still need help-post back-we'll get you going ok?

On photobucket there are 4 ways to link under the post, The bottom one says IMG code. Just click that one. Their site has it that just clicking it will copy it.

Then, instead of using the "enter an image" button on the reply screen you just "paste" the link you copied from photobucket.

Burtsidebash07005Small2.jpg

PS. Thats my first Burntside Laker from last year.

I just copy the img tag from photobucket but I have to delete i14. from my photos for them to appear.

My Dad Lou and Dezi holding each other up on a sunny fall day fishing the Red near Selkirk.

100_2637.jpg

Dezi keeping an eye on things while I'm fishing.

100_3010.jpg

Photos are courtesy of catmendo (Stu McKay of Cats on the Red in Lockport, MB).

gator, great to see Stu is still spreading bull and gathering cats up at Lockport.

I fished with him up there several years ago. I'd been a catman for years on the Red along Grand Forks/East Grand Forks, but that no-kill-over-24-inches sure made a big difference at Lockport, which already was the best cat water on the Red.

I was working as a carpenter on the side at the time, and Stu tried to get me to stay up for a whole summer to help him build, as I recall.

Man, I was tempted. grin.gifgrin.gif

lisa, i think i would of liked to have stuck with strickly bios, but im kindof liking all the extra cirriular comentary. when i had to leave this morning after posting till now i think the forum has added 3-4 more pages. cool. it just takes a while to get to where i left off. keep on trucking everyone. heee doggy.

stfcatfish. If you haven't been here for several years then you're over due for a visit. I fish with Stu often. He actually took the photo that is on the cover of the 2007 Manitoba Angling Guide. The photo is of my dad who caught his first ever Master Angler walleye at the tender age of 83 during the fall of 2006. The old boy never met a camera that he didn't like. That would be Lucien Desrosiers to my recently found long lost relatives in the U.S. lol

100_2617.jpg