• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who are we? Post your Bios here!

Hi! I'm Lisa. I'm 37, married to Jim (jimalm) for 4 years. I have a 14 year old son.

I love to icefish and like to boat fish. I live and work in Carlton but we also have a cabin (Jim's house before we were married and we never sold like smart people)in Deer River that we love. It is a great gathering/fishing/fun place. I went back to college last fall and am waiting to get accepted into the nursing program. I XC ski and snowshoe. I am in a book club with my high school friends. I am also in a fishing club that has fishing events once a month. Here's some pics!

Last Winter Lakers

IMG_2341pp.jpg

testframe.jpg

LisasNorthern066.jpg

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lisa, are you sure you know what you started. ok here it goes. my name is glenn. wifes name is sue, we will be married 19 years in april. we combined family that includes 5 adult kids, 4 grandkids ablack lab a sheltie and a choclate lab. i am 50 and sue is 48. i love to hunt fish snowmobile atv and on occasionally i ve been seen with a beer. my wife and i have a season camper on long lake near new london mn and my mom owns a cabin on peterson lake itasca cty. sue enjoys doing most things i do. sue works as a csr and i am an asst. bus. mgr for the boilermakers union. ive also been known to give peolpe a hard time. sorry no pictures, havent learned that yet. that should sum up my bio, if i told anymore you would know im losing my hair. oops.

I don't know if this is restricted to women seeing as how it's under the Women Anglers and Outdoor Women thread. If it is then feel free to delete it. If not, here goes: My name is Andre Desrosiers and I live in Selkirk, Manitoba. Otherwise known as the channel catfish and walleye capital of North America. Come over here and we'll best that 26 inch walleye Lisa. You'll never regret it.

I'm a Natural Resource Officer here in Selkirk and the Red River occupies a large percentage of my time, both at work and at play. The local area is also known for exceptional waterfowl hunting.

I've been married for 27+ years to a wonderful woman who is an educator by profession. We have a 23 year old daughter, a 20 year old son and a one year old black lab called Dezi.

These forums have enabled me to meet anglers and hunters from all over Canada and the U.S.

Me with a good walleye.

100_01122.jpg

My Dad, son and I with a red cat.

AndreLouSerge.jpg

Dezi hunting geese at 11 months.

OakHammock004.jpg

I'll bite.

My name is Bob Thielen and I live on an 87 acre hobby farm near Osakis, MN with my wife of 14 years and two daughters, 13 going on 20 something and 11. I grew up on Minnesota's Iron Range in the country of Kinney near Mt. Iron and eventually moved to this area in 1990.

I enjoy the outdoors including fishing and hunting of course, ATV riding, a little cross-country skiing, bicycling, hiking, etc. If I could make a living farming I think I'd try but for now I keep my day job so I can afford to farm. ;\) For my day job I am an electrical designer for a packaging machinery manufacturer in Alexandria specializing in modifications and rebuilds of older equipment.

Both of my daughters are hunters...so far as long as I can keep the "boy thing" out of there heads. \:\/ The older one has been deer hunting with me for the past two years and the younger goose hunting since she was nine. Hope to put a shotgun in her hands next year after she takes a firearms safety course.

My wife is a bartender for an establishment she previously owned and then sold four years ago. She stayed with them for a while to help them get started but apparently forgot to leave later on so she's still there. She says its a little nicer being able to leave the work at work rather than taking it home every night.

To coin a phrase from one of my favorite programs, "Keep a stick on the ice!"

Bob

edit: I almost forgot. My avatar is about a 14# northern I caught in six feet of water up on Lost Lake in Ontario two years ago. It came clear out of the water and nailed my jig and minnow as I was pulling it out of the water. Surprised the heck out of me! I guess I surprised her right back.

I am new to this site too!! I have been ice fishing for over 30 years and its the best thing to do in the winter time (I'm 34). I work in Agricultural Sales in the state of MN and love to be outdoors and icefish. Fish have been slow lately, good run over Christmas. I have twin boys and little girl who are out on the ice every chance we get. Just bought a new Stikemaster and love it along with my Vexilar.

Check out his auger... Thin Ice isn't an issue in Northern MN!

Hi Diane! So good to meet you. grin.gif You've been icefishing since you were 4? Cool. You must have an awesome family. Good to have you over here in the Women's forum! Pretty fun site isn't it? Lots of great info! How did you get your picture down below your posts? I can't figure that out. You might want to start a new thread with the info so it doesn't get lost here in the bios post. Thanks! grin.gif

Hi Lisa--I used photobucket and on there they have an image (lingo) which I copied the signature space. I'm not the greatest at html.

Also to Gatorhunter, I travel to Saskatoon Canada a lot for work. Any key spots to go while up there?? Love to hunt as well...Dad had all girls so hence the passion for the outdoors-- I love to hunt coyote, pheasants, geese, etc. but fishing is my passion along with working with farmers.

OK here we go - I live in Eagan, have a cabin in Grand Marais. We get up there as much as we can, mostly in the fall and winter. I've been with my partner Donna, for 25 yrs. We're both 46. I love the out of doors. Love the mountains. We love to hike, mt bike, Geocaching, travel and most anything outside. I love to ice fish and open water fish with my kayak. And am always looking for others to hit the ATV trails with.

Jan-04-1.jpgJan-04.jpg

Originally Posted By: FishinGirlMN
I grew up by Okabena/Lakefield. Then moved to Brookings, lived in my fishhouse in College, so I know all those lakes in SD. Then off to Slayton, then to Zimmerman, now in Spicer. But, I know the whole state of MN since I travel and work in Ag.

There is a lake around spicer that is suppose to be great fishing, - Green or something like that ???