• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who are we? Post your Bios here!

This is a fun topic I figured I had better jump on in. First I my name is Jason Manlove. I grew up in Long Prairie MN. Spent quite a bit of time fishing around there but not that much. One of my biggest loves is icefishing. Although I do enjoy fishing out of the boat I don't like it near as much.

My family has a cabin in Park Rapids and that is where my love for fishing too off. I spent hours on the end of the dock fishing as a little guy. Tons of little sun fish to show for it. When I graduated from high school I attended NDSU and got construction management degree. While in college I turned all may attention to walleyes and that is my fish of choice. My favorite location is Lake Of The Woods. FM has really introduced me to alot of great people up there. I also love big game hunting not really into the birdies I like using a striug and stick or a rifle. Deer being my number one I hunt 2 states every fall MN and ND. I also love pronghorn hunting. This past fall I got out elk hunting in MT.

After graduating from NDSU I moved to Valley City and work for an engineering firm here. I have a house in town that stores my stuff but I am typically on the road around 9 months a year managing construction projects for our firm. This has lead to some really great experiences like getting to work on the largest bridge in ND Four Bears Bridge. Traveling can be stressful but the work has be very enjoyable.

In my free time I have been doing alot of remodeling on my house. I have pretty much redone everything in my bathroom this last month. There is something very enjoyable about doing your own work. Plus I am too cheap to pay anyone else to do something I can to :). But it has cut into my ice fishing time severely.

I have a wonderful girlfriend that by the end of the summer I will be marrying. So that also has added to my to do list this winter. Things are pretty darn good for this guy right now.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Shawn. I have been following this thread since the beginning and I figured it was time to add my two cents. This is a great idea by the way.

I live in Nebraska but was born in Iowa. Many years ago, long story short, I was looking for a college. I ended up in Nebraska and haven't left. After graduating from college, I was hired on the police department in my college town. After four years, I took another police job. My girlfriend at the time (now wife) and I were both hired at the same time in the same area. She is VP of a bank. I was on a federal drug task force for six years. As a result of that, I received the "nation's highest award" for my work there, regarding a particular case that received national attention. Sorry, had to brag a little. \:\)

I am now a school resource officer for the elementary schools in our city. There are six of them. It is a major change, but a much needed one. Little kids are so cool!!!

My wife and I have two sons that are 5 and 3. We fish every chance we get, as well as camp. Minnesota has been our vacation spot every year, several times a year, since we met many years ago. The funny thing is, I have been fishing, at a level that all of you FM'er's do since I was a young child. I was the only one in my family that really did this.

I married into a family that is precisely the same as me. My mother in law owns her own Lund (brand new with 115 Yamaha). Every single member of that family is huge into fishing and we take week long trips every year to Minnesota together. I am a big believer in destiny. I am a lucky, lucky guy.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Jenna-always a pleasure hearing from you!

Jason(iffwalleyes)-no moss grows under you that's for sure! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Shawn-Nebraska, Iowa and honorary Minnesotan :)! I enjoy reading your cooking posts alot too.

Let's keep it going FMers. Aren't these bios fun? grin.gif

Quess i've sat in the back of the classroom long enough, here goes. My name is Steve Anderson, 1977 Hermantown grad. Born in Hermantown, childhood home was what is now the "World of Fish" for those familiar to the area. Younger years were filled with fishing, hunting and trapping. Minnesota Power was kind enough to grant permission for two 16 year olds to build a log cabin on the SE end of Wild Rice Lake. I wish i could post a pic of that mansion, but not sure how to, it was quite the place. We were allowed to take 48 trees of the land, our 4" spaces between some logs were chinked with hundreds of trips of mud from the shoreline. I took my son ther last year and all that remained after 30 years were the hinges from the door. Fished Midway and Rocky run during Summer vacations, Dad would drop me off on the way to work and pick me up at the end of the day. Spending money in those days also included picking nightcrawlers for penny a piece for friends Mom who sold them to local bait shops. I think that might fall in the category of "child labor" these days. I've worked for a local Railway Co. for the last 29 years, commuting to Two Harbors daily. Married my High school sweetheart in 1980 and moved to Esko were we reside to this day. We have two sons, Lee, 21 was born with multiple disabilities, Esko worked with us to be one of the first schools to integrate the disabled into mainstream classroom settings. It's good to see the strides we've made in this area, and to see how he's made us all better people having known him. Our oldest and my best friend Steven Jr. is a Police Officer for Duluth. It's hard to see your children move away from home, but at the same time extremely rewarding to see them living their dream. We don't get get out fishing and camping as much as we used to, but make the best of it when we can. He's a practical joker like his Dad, and usually has a harrowing experience to relate to Mom after each trip, (though mostly untrue). We don't have any grandchildren yet so I took the matter in my own hands and picked up one myself, (not what your thinking) Here name is Gracie, a 15 month old Yellow English Lab. We got her a 7 weeks, didn't have the heart to crate her, so I spent the first month sleeping with her on an air mattress on the living room floor until she was potty trained. If you want to form a bond with your dog, that will do it, we've considered changing her name to Shadow, She's laying on my feet as I type. She's always willing to go fishing, just have to keep the livewell closed because she believes in "catch and release". I mostly fish Lake Superior and The Mississippi River in the Grand Papids area, also float the Cloquet River whenever I can. wish I could post fishing advise more, but I usually need more help than I can give. One thing I forgot, my Dad used to race snowmobiles in the Duluth area in the early 60's, won the first race ever in the area on a 8hp Ski-doo. Also, a large group went to visit Dorothy Molter around the same era, approximately 70 Ski-Doos and ONE Polaris, guess which one didn't make it back? His snowmobiling days ended during an inebreated (sp)state when he thought he could make it to the top of the landing area at Fon Du Lac ski hill, he almost made it. Well, that's about it, longest story i've writen in a while, starting to feel like that photographer guy up in Ely. Steve, Great Outdoors and Justin keep up those jabs, you keep me coming back. I was a little reluctant doing this, but it turned out to be kinda fun to relive good memories. Note to "The Angler", hope you had a good day on Burntside today.

Transplanted permanently from Iowa in 1981. Had been vacationing in Minnesota since I was tiny. Bought a Marina/resort on Vermilion and am still here today. Have a wonderful wife and 3 great kids. 1 is a Peace Officer for the City of Hibbing. (you will see him here as heartattack.) Also have to blame heartattack for getting me hooked on this site. Middle one is in his last semester for a BA in business administration. (screen name of BEEGONE) and the youngest is a Junior at St Kate's in St Paul. (She was also a contestant in the Ms MN contest.) Kinda neat to think that we can raise diverified kids in this state. She loves to ice fish and hunt. Anyway, we are here all the time so if you are fishing Vermilion, stop in and say "hi" you should be able to figure out where to find us by my screen name. We work long hard hours from ice out till freeze up but look out then. We spend as much time on LOW as we can. More now that we have all kids out of the house. As you can see from the picture, we also have dogs. They will all greet you at the dock. Riley (golden) Jake (lab) and Chester ( still trying to figure that one out)

05-06LakeoftheWoods009.jpg

Guess I forgot the point of this whole thread. I'm Randy Kladivo with my wife Kathy and kids Adam, Travis and Kimberly

I guess I can try to keep the fire burning here.

Hi, I'm Dave. I have 2 daughters from my first marriage, 2 sons with my current wife. Kids ages are 21, 20, 17, and 13. I'll be reaching the big milestone of 40 on Feb. 13th.

Both my wife (Monica) and I work for ADC Telecomm. She's at World Headquarters in Eden Prairie as a Project Manager and I am a Sheet Metal fabricator in Shakopee. I've been with the company for 18 years now, Monica going on 16.

I hate to say it, but my daughters have taken a different path in life and seem to be in the stage where they're p.o.'d at the world. My divorce was a bitter one and they have about as much to do with me as their mother.

The second time around has been a much better experience. Both sons are active in school. Our oldest will be heading up to VCC in Ely this fall for Fisheries and Natural Resource Management.

Our oldest son (DJ) is in football and track, and helps out with my MN DNR Turkey Clinics and ATV Safety Training. He also assists with our local Jaycee events and works 20+ hours/week at the lcoal Pizza Ranch.

Tanner, our youngest, is also in football, speech, knowledge bowl, and math masters. He's the first 8th grader that I've seen kick a touchback in a football game. Something his older brother never accomplished so you can only imagine the sibling rivalry there.

Monica isn't into the outdoor things and has very little interest. The boys and I enjoy fishing and hunting.

We have 3 pets. Our newest addition to the family is a small orange tabby cat that wandered into the yard from nowhere that we named Pax. Macy is our 1 y.o. Black lab and Sammi is a 6 y.o. GSP. Pax and Macy are the best of friends. In fact, Macy is laying here in the sun with Pax ontop of her biting her in the neck. Macy just lays there and does nothing. Talk about patience.

I'll see if I can find some pics to post.

Wow... after coming to FM for over a year... I just found this thread today... Its nice to know few things about those that you've been trading posts with here...

Now I hope you people got your pillows ready in case you fall asleep reading my mini-bio...

Hello... I'm Larry... 30 years old... from Bloomington, MN... Born, raised, lives, and will die in Minnesota... Never been married but have a 10 years old son named Reno, so that makes me a single father... I am on excellent terms with Reno's mother... shes one of my best friend, and shes still a big part of the family... I hail from a deaf family (Grandparents on mom's side are deaf, parents are deaf and Reno is deaf too), and am deaf myself... I am the oldest of three, a brother who loves bass fishing but I dont see him contributing here and a sister... Some of you might know my sister as she was the starting goalie for the 1995 Apple Valley HS Girls Hockey team that shut out South St. Paul 2-0 in the "First Ever" Girls State Hockey Tournament, and for 1998 Apple Valley HS team, shutting out Hibbing 1-0 OT in the State Hockey Tournament, winning the State both times... I used to work in construction doing mainly new house framing til my back gave out so Im now back in school majoring in welding then auto body... I inherited my love for outdoor activities such as fishing, camping, snowmobiling, etc etc from my mom's side of the family... My family had a cabin on Coon Lake in East Bethel til 2 years ago when we sold it... so that pretty much frees myself up to do some more travelling when it comes to fishing... Besides fishing, I enjoy wood working, I enjoy tinkering with things I think I can fix (half of the time I succeed LOL)... I enjoy model cars and planes... I enjoy tinkering with homemade muskie lures when I can... basically... anything that catches my eye, I'll give it a try...

Of course, I started off loving bass fishing but as I got older... my love slowly moved over to Northern Pike... then when Reno was born, for some stupid unknown reason, I stopped fishing... til it was rekindled when I got a nice Pike/Muskie rod/reel from my brother for christmas of 2006... Ever since then... whenever I get the chance to go muskie fishing... Im all for it!!!

DCP_0121.jpg

Yes I know my fly's open but who cares... Getting the danged monkey off my back with a Mille Lacs 43" is wayyyyy more important... Shows how bad I have it in for Muskies!!! I know that this pic isnt one of my best pic but isnt she BEAUTIFUL?!?!?!?! grin.gif

Hi Larry! Don't feel bad for not finding this post until now-not a lot of guys run through the Women's forum but you probably will from now on! Your bio isn't boring in the least-none of these are for that matter. Your musky is a awesome (love the look of joy on your face man!) and congrats! Thanks for sharing Larry. grin.gif

Thanks Lisa... Well Im single so yeah probably would come here often LOL JK

Boat... behave??? *sigh* Mom had heck of a time trying to get me to behave... I just simply never learned how to behave whistle.gif

Im sure I'll have whole lot fun here...

Thanks again!!!

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
 Originally Posted By: glenn57
lisa, your married to the guy use your edit/delete button. hehehe

Yeah I know-don't remind me! mad.gifSure wish I had one of those buttons in real life!!! \:D

now that would be AWESOME crazy.gif