• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who are we? Post your Bios here!

Nice greenback, gator. The big pigs really stack up along that stretch in fall, don't they?

I'd love to get back there but, alas, it is a long trip on a short wallet, and I don't like how hard it is to travel in and out of the country anymore. Too bad, I must say.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, my turn.......

My name is Nate McVey and I currently live in Duluth. I was born and raised (until I was 13) in Bethel, ME. My family, which consists of mom, dad and younger sister, moved to the UP of Michigan and I became a Speedboy (that is the Bessemer mascot). I graduated from Central Michigan Univeristy in 2000 and moved to CO to work at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. That is were I fell in love with fly fishing and elk hunting (2 of my 3 greatest passions). That is also were I met my fianace (who is my number one passion).

BethandNate2.jpg

Her name is Beth and we are getting married in La Crosse, WI in October. We have a dog named Killian

KillyIceFishing3.jpg

She is getting on in years, but loves to fish, snowshoe and hike with us.

We will be moving to Bloomington in August (which kills me because Duluth is by far the biggest town I have ever lived in) so Beth can start chiropractic school at Northwestern.

I have spent my life working in hotels, restaurants and resorts and enjoy meeting all the people that I come in contact with everyday. I enjoy life to the fullest, and although I work too much for my own good, the time I spend with Beth, friends and loved ones makes life worth living.

Nice to meet all of you and I can't wait to put faces with names soon.

Oh ya, I'm a die hard Packers fan..........please don't hold that against me grin.gif

I got it.....My name is Tom...I live in SSP, MN. My family moved to McGregor, MN in '64 and lived on dude Lake. I still have a camper on land just south of their on Portage Lake and one of my deer stands overlooks dude. I have been married to my wife Susan for almost 35 years. Our anniversary is very easy to remember...Cinco-de-Mayo. We have 6 grandchildren...2 fish quite often. My daughter and her 4 live in FL, when they come to visit, Grandpa has to take them fishing. 2 are under 2 years old, so they don't fish yet, but they will in time as my son-in-law is an avid fisherman. My son's 2 boys do not fish, but give Grandpa a little time to work on it.

christmasinFL-1.jpg

This is the FL group with Grandma and Grandpa...

Thanks everybody for the help with the picture.

Originally Posted By: gatorhunter
J.P. Fisheries in D.L. I'm sure that you know my buddy who used to be the C.O. in D.L. but is now in Perham. We won't post his name without his permission. I've fished D.L. with him a couple of times but we haven't caught the elusive maskinonge yet. However, we have had a couple of really good sunny feeds from the Ottertail area. Say hi to him as you probably see him more often than I do.

Anyone else notice how much smaller the world has gotten in the past week?

André

small world indeed, I spent the last two years on our region's safety committee with your buddy. and to be honest, since the CO is your friend and all, you would know that he keeps a "low profile" around town. so you probably see himm more than we do at the office ;\)

You should have fished Big Detroit last fall. It was on fire! a lot of fish over 50" being caught.

I knew there was something about you Nate that I liked. I never met a Mainer that I didn't like! I've been through Bethel quite a few times, gotta love the Presidentials! I suppose all the locals hated us Colby/Bates/Bowdoin kids anyways.... ;\)

Originally Posted By: DEADhead
I knew there was something about you Nate that I liked. I never met a Mainer that I didn't like! I've been through Bethel quite a few times, gotta love the Presidentials! I suppose all the locals hated us Colby/Bates/Bowdoin kids anyways.... ;\)

You too JP! I don't get back there nearly as much as I wish I could, but my parents plan to retire back there so that will help. I did get back for spring break twice when I was in college and "you Colby kids" were a blast! grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
women, this is such a great post to be able to meet everyone. You gota love it.

I know - Like I said - a whopping many pages ago - \:o

Lisa started a pebble rolling and it'll be another Ayers Rock before it slows down !!!!!!!!!! \:ocrazy.gif

I'll jump in too.....

As you'll probably see, I'll be hanging out in the Lawn and Garden section when it gets a little warmer out in 4-5 months. As for now, just bouncing around.

I started a lawn mowing service when my dad threw an ad in the local paper for $10 / hour when I turned 16, didn't really have a choice.

This year will be my 20th year. Over the years I've had as many as 7 guys working for me at one time, with as high as 150 accounts. Now it's just back to my dad and I, and I service about 35 accounts year around, paid on a flat fee, so I'm basically salaried by 35 different bosses.

I love my job, I couldn't imagine doing anything else as a career. The biggest downfall is, that I have a tendency to also like money. With being self employed and working solo for the most part, I can't tell clients no, which usually means 60-80, sometimes 100 hour weeks for me in the summer.

I have 2 boys, Jack who's 5, Caleb who's 2. I met my wife Marion 10 years ago, believe it or not, online, in an AOL chat room.

Anyways, we try to fish as much as we can. I used to pheasant hunt, but with my dad being 73 now, diabetic, and not exactly the most stable on his feet, that's kind of gone by the wayside. I'll try to pick it up again when the boys get older, but that's 8-10 years.

You'll see my wife and the 5 year old in my avatar. Here are some pics of the rest of us.

Picture256.jpg

Picture212.jpg

Picture262.jpg

whatever!!! this is great, talk about wondering if you will meet some one ? well! My name is Todd Corl and I go by CORL ICE CREW. I work for a well sized motorhome maker by the name of newmar. I am a fiberglass repair man on the production line always in a hurry!! I also am trying to start my business corl marine, making ice bugs. I love to teach both my sons to hunt and fish. they enjoy it greatly! oldest one took his first buck at the age of 13. youngest son shot one but we could not collect him, he was 10yrs. I have a wonderfull wife and mother for us, we have been mr.mrs. for over 20yrs. she has been the perfect glue for us !!!! I am coming to millaces for the 2nd. yr. and have seen nothing like it before. this yr. i am bringing 6 others . we have been to verm. lk. for our hnymn. been to farm lake and to mooselake we love the bwca! also been far north as pickle lake ontr. to the old post! awsome. been to cache bay with a friend (old) that was there 42yrs. in a row!!! ice is finally back on as we speek, in indiana. I am not a writer but this thread was great i read all of it. TMC. take care.

Originally Posted By: Daze Off
 Originally Posted By: hanson
 Originally Posted By: Daze Off
My name is Tom and I am the Parish Business Administrator at a church in Elk River.

Tom- Do you mind if I ask what church?

Not at all - Church of St. Andrew. Are you familiar with it?

I'm pretty sure the architecture firm I work for did a bunch of work for your church before I started working for them. We've done quite a bit of work with other churches in the Elk River area along with the Bank of Elk River project in downtown.

Gator-great pics! I really enjoyed them.

Nate-your bio is so cute! So sorry to be so girly about describing it but you guys are a CUTE couple and you have a cute dog! I wish you all the luck in the world...coming from another who's biggest town she ever lived in is Duluth too. crazy.gif

lawnmowerdude, it's great that you found what you love to do EARLY in life. So many of us just muddle thru, never finding a job that makes us happy. Good for you. Thank God for fishing! grin.gif Your family is lovely. Thanks for sharing a little slice of your life.

Hi Todd! You are a dude who types (and probably talks too-like I do!!) with alot of enthusiasm! Gotta love it! And since I am a gal here on this forum I have to say that I am touched and warmed by all the men who give a shout out to their wives/fiances and girlfriends. I really think that's neat!!! Thanks for putting you bio on here CORL ICE CREW!! \:D

glenn, I can't help myself! These people are just so great to put a little blurb about themselves out there, aren't they?!

Quote:
Nate-your bio is so cute! So sorry to be so girly about describing it but you guys are a CUTE couple and you have a cute dog! I wish you all the luck in the world...coming from another who's biggest town she ever lived in is Duluth too.

Well Lisa, she was watching over my shoulder as I was typing so I had to go "cute" blush.gifgrin.gifblush.gif

Warning, Spoiler:
Just trying to avoid any good natured ribbing I may receive at the Bash grin.gif

Hi CICREW,

The smileys that you can put in your actual post are located by clicking on the box (button) that has the yellow smiley face fourth from the right in the line up of boxes about this box where we type our posts. Just click on his face and all the smileys pop down-all you have to do is click on the one you want and it will be in the spot where you cursor bar is blinking. Try it and post if you still can't! With all your punctuation marks you gotta have a couple smiley's thrown in to make things complete, right?

Oh glenn, don't MAKE me and Nate come over there. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I've been a Packer all my life (born in LaCrosse in the Lombardi era, so genes and environment left me with little say in the matter), but even when the Pack are down low and the Vikes are up high (pretty rare grin.gif), I root for the Vikes in the playoffs 'cause I want to see one of the old "Black and Blue" division teams win it all. I've even rooted for the Bears on occasion when the Pack aren't in the playoffs. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

But the Pack are where they belong right now. In fact, I've gotta log off pretty quick and go watch them smear (I hope) those New York Football Giants. Go Pack! grin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: CORL ICE CREW
I forgot to say my oldest son wrestles an got 4th. today> not bad for a freshman!! my youngest son caught me writing this so ha said to tell that he is like 201,212in ranking in call of duty and halo 3. out of around 5mill. not badd!!!

What name does he use on the game? My hubby (big kid) plays on a daily basis (after I go to work) his Xbox log name is OverGrownChuck, totaly suits him. Not sure how we hooked up I like the outdoors and he likes everything indoors (electronics etc)

Hi, most know me as Agape. Name is Wayne Ek. I'm a retired Bloomington Police Sgt., retiring in 1999 with 26 years on. Lisa my wife was a Producer/Director for KARE 11. When I retired we moved to Alexandria Minnesota and now live on Lobster lake. Lisa is still working full time and I now run Agape Fishing Guides during the soft-water period. I also write for differant publications and work for 2 manufacturers rep. groups ( Ludwikowski and Cullerton). We have two dogs, a Wirehair pointer and a Pudel pointer. Both of our boys are out on their own at 32yrs and 34yrs old. So I guide, fish bass tournaments, write, hunt and oh ya, give Deitz a hard time whenever he tee's one up for me. whistle.gif