• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who are we? Post your Bios here!

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where should I start, Have a huge house on Minnetonka, high paying job, drive a Maserati, kind of look like a cross between Brad Pitt and George Clooney oh yeah 6'5" and 6 pack abs. and I do like a glass of wine. Wait a minute, I think I heard all this in a song or something. cry.gif

Anyway, have lived in Minnesota all my life and love it. As a kid we used-to go to Vermillion in the summer, now we do our summer playing on Lake Alexander. Married with three kids, have spent the last 13 years coaching youth sports from girls to boys, basketball, football, softball, baseball and yeah soccer to never even played soccer. Now the kids are in High School and I love going to their games and watching. Thats why the name "not nuf time". Love to fish and hunt, my boy has just begun taking on F& H so it's fun having him with. Have a small trucking company that helps pay my bills. Could use more trucks.

gatorhunter: Thanks for the email address. I'll check in with you. My family came from Quebec too, but came to Mn. I found out that they did drop the "s" at the end of their name. Fun to connect the dots!

It has been a lot of fun to read others bios and sidelines too!

I'll "bite".

My name is Mark DuChene, born and raised in Faribault, MN. Grew up fishing and hunting with my dad and grandpa. Grandparents used to have a perm on Mile Lacs and I can still remember running into the fish house to show grandma my "huge" (read that as huge to me but really about 8") walleye and, yup, you guessed it, stepped right in a hole crazy.gif For the last 15 years my parents and granparents had permanent RV sites at Lost Acres Resort on Kitchie Lake (Cass Lake chain), so I have spent numerous summer vacations in the area. Unfortunately Grandma and Grandpa decided it was time to sell and my parents followed suit.

I went to college in Grand Forks, where I spent 4 glorious years having some of the best hunting and fishing opportunities anyone could expect. I was also known as a bit of a Sioux Hockey fanatic and was often a little over boisterous at games.

I met my wife at UND and we got married last August, I work for an engineering and architecture firm as a civil engineer and she is now a teacher in Northfield. The avatar is of our lab Rory, and although I won't call her our kid (I hate it when people do that), she is a memeber of the family and when my wife and I do have kids I hope they like their own bed, because ours is already over filled. grin.gif

I still love to visit NODAK once a year for a fall waterfowl hunt and spend the rest of my time hunting and fishing as much of southern Minnesota as i can, with an occasional trip "up north".

See you in the field and on the ice.

Mark

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
Moved back to Forx to work as a reporter and assigning editor at the Grand Forks Herald for six years (yeah, during the horrible flood of 97, too), and traveled all over northwest and north central Minnesota and North Dakota writing news and feature stories. This is the same paper my dad, Virg Foss, worked at for over 35 years covering Sioux hockey,

Steve- I loved reading your dad's stuff on the Sioux during my time in GF. I knew the name Foss sounded familiar from somewhere.

I guess I'll go next.

My name is Carolyn, I grew up in Champlin, but moved to the Marshall area when I married a farmer in 1988. Jonathan and I will celebrate our 20th in August. We have 3 daughters ages 17, 15, and 13. Our youngest likes to fish with me, primarily for bass (therefore, the name fishinchicks). We live on a farm, where we raise organic corn, soybeans, wheat, and sometimes barley mixed with peas.

We like to have fun in our house, and believe that humor is the best medicine. The girls keep us busy with all the activities that come with being a teenager. One loves music, the other two both run cross country and are in danceline. The oldest was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2004, and we run to Rochester once a month for her treatments. She is doing really well, so we feel pretty blessed.

We are also a family of NASCAR fans! Jonathan and I have been to two tracks so far, with plans for more.

Quote:
Have a huge house on Minnetonka, high paying job, drive a Maserati, kind of look like a cross between Brad Pitt and George Clooney oh yeah 6'5" and 6 pack abs. and I do like a glass of wine

That's funny!! \:D\:D

Mark D,

DuChene? Isn't that French? Are you from French Canadian descent too? Maybe not. grin.gif

I love hearing about all you FMers who started fishing young. My son (he's 13) just doesn't want to. I don't push him. I just hope he comes around. \:\(

All right. Here is me in a nutshell. My name is Jake Maros, I am 28 yrs old and I live in Milaca, MN. I live closer to Bock but have a Milaca address. Anyone who knows where Bock is knows there is only one thing in town.........The Strip Club grin.gif. Anyway, went to High School at Elk River were I played Baseball and Basketball. I still play Men's League Basketball in the winter and still play amateur baseball(also called town ball) in the summer for the St. Francis Saints. Been married to my lovely wife Tina for 3 years now and have no kids. How can I have kids when I am still a kid myself? We should pop one out here sooner than later. I did concrete work since I was 18 and things got slow last summer so I decided to get my license and sell some insurance. I worked for a guy strictly on commission. He promised me all the bells and whistles and after 7 months of waiting I decided to move on which brings me here. In between jobs. My wife works at the Princeton hospital as a radiologist. She also is assistant varsity gymnastics coach for Princeton High School. I am very lucky my wife makes some money or I would be in trouble eek.gif. I still go fishing in the winter with my father about twice a week. He still always seems to out fish me. I also like bowhunting for deer and bear. We have 2 dogs(Norman and Timmy) and one cat(Lloyd). Anywho, me in a nutshell. I will try to post some pics when I get a chance.

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
Well, some of the folks who are descended from people who left the old country to settle in the "colonies" don't like to feel particularly colonial. Colonials were looked down upon by those high society types in the old country, as I'm sure you know. grin.gif

I've never cared about that garbage. Like you, junkie, I enjoy that aspect of my heritage. Once I learned about it, I was able to say "Ah, now I understand" about a few things that had puzzled me about my own family.

I have not gotten to the "Ah, now I understand," part of the things that puzzle me about my family. It's still,"what the $%*! did they do that for!!"

LT, 99% of my tackle is just for show. It's like the women with too many shoes thing for me. All I use are harnesses, jigs, spoons and sticks but I am way overloaded on tackle and no tackle box. they are scattered throughout the various compartments on my boat, along with downrigger balls, releases, in line boards, diving disks, ect ect. Oh brother, it's a mess. Someday, i will buy a box

I'm not sure of my family's heritage. Nothing pure about my clan-too many nationalities in me to call me one specific name (except Heinz 57)! But I do have lighter hair and blue eyes so I suppose quite a bit of Scandinavia is in me. \:\)

Hey, my tackle's for show most of the time and I think that's how the fish feel too!! HMMM sure look too pretty to BITE! Been slow fishing for me this year! grin.gif

Harvey, fishing and hunting keep people young! I truly believe staying active and doing what you love is the key to living. Money and jobs are distint 2nd. I had to come back and edit-what I meant to say was that some people work so they can finance their hobbies like fishing and hunting.

Mark D-Read above-ME TOO!

\:D A big fat welcome to all the new women on board!!!!! \:D

Nice to hear from ya Fishinchicks. I just stayed in Marshell when I went down to the Sarah get together. Nice town. Sarah is a great lake. Do get down to fish it much? I will definitly be back.!!!!! grin.gif

I love reading all these Bios, what a great and diverse group we have. I love seeing all the guys now coming out of the woodwork. See - hangin with the Ladies is kinda cool huh!!!!

I turn 46 in a couple of days and I am really going through a mid-life - going back in time kind of thing crazy.gif.

All I want to do is fish and gossip on this forum, I feel like I'm in highschool again \:ocrazy.gif

Actually I've always felt I was a perpetual 21 year old. Play. get in trouble, work a bit, play, party, get in trouble, work a bit,party, \:D

Its a natural talent... ;\)

Its all about working hard and playing hard. I like to incorparate the 2 together. crazy.gif I've alwasys created my own careers and have loved what I do, there for its alot like "play" sometimes. Right know I'm also in between careers.

It also helps to have a partner with a normal job and a normal paycheck blush.gif

I've been trying to turn up a few pics to add so now I think its ready.

My name is Andy Hamilton, I'm 28yrs old and grew up in the cities my whole life, not by choice of course. We just bought a house in Eden Prairie. I've been married to my beautiful wife Becky for 7 yrs. I knew she was the one when she asked to come to the BWCA with me after we'd been dating for only 3 months. We have 2 daughters. Emily is 7yrs old and Madalyn (Maddie) is 5. Both are lovers of the outdoors. I thought I'd like to have a son to share my hobbies with, but with these girls I couldn't ask for anything more. Our dog is Riley, a 1yr old English Springer Spaniel. He's my boy and my hunting dog.

I work for the City of Hopkins fulltime in utilities, that is the water and sewer dept's. In other words, I make sure you've got clean water going in to the house and the "dirty water" keeps coming out.

I am also an on-call Firefighter/EMT for Eden Prairie. I'm currently going to school for a Law Enforcement degree so I can be a Conservation Officer for the DNR.

Hunting is my true passion and is slowly becoming a year round activity with turkey and deer most of the time and upland birds the rest of my free time. I have a rifle for deer, but I use my bow for almost everything now.

I like to fish, but mostly in the winter. Open water is fun, but I only have canoes and they are hard to do solo. Once I get a 4wheeler I'll be ice fishing everywhere.

My wife and I love going to the BWCA. Thats where I do the most fishing, but we are both becoming more interested in photography. We hope to take our girls there this year for the first time.

DSCN0300.jpgBWCA2007064.jpg

I do love the canoes. I won my first canoe when I was 15yrs old and it still sits behind my garage. Of course its been over-shadowed by our new Souris River Q17 kevlar. It only weighs 42lbs.

Lisa-going back to school is tough on me. I've never been a great student. I'm smart and get my grades, but school stinks. I've got 3 night classes on 3 different days, 1 night for fire dept training and then I get fri, sat, sun off, but I have to attend fire calls too.

As soon as I'm done, my wife wants to go back so she can be a nurse.

I guess I'll add my bio to the list since I have enjoyed reading the others so much.

My name is Tom and I am the Parish Business Administrator at a church in Elk River. We live in Ramsey. Just realized that I have been married for nearly half of my life at this point (24 yrs in May/51 yrs old in July). Geesh! My wife works at the Basilica in Mpls and our daughter and only child is a Freshmen at St. Ben's so we are new "empty nesters" which is very strange.

I was born and raised in NJ and cut my fishing teeth in saltwater fishing for blowfish, flounder, porgies, and bluefish. First fish I ever caught was a 3' sand shark (long story). Left NJ to go to college in KS (Benedictine) and studied to be PE Teacher. Managed a racquetball club for a couple of years right out of college in MO then taught school and coached for a couple of years back in NJ before moving to Tulsa, OK to teach.

Met my wife in Tulsa while I worked for the Job Corps Program which transferred me to Maryland as a Recreation Supervisor. Company lost the contract and we moved to MN when my wife landed a job in Eagan. I worked at a church in Hastings and we lived in Rosemount. I started studying for Masters in Theology at St. John's which led to a move to Kansas City for 5 yrs until we returned here and we bought our home in Ramsey. Still not sure what I want to be when I grow up....have been pretty much a rolling stone until we got here and we have managed to stay put for 11 yrs which shatters our record for staying in one state/place.

I am a bass fishing addict as well as another tackle addict - is there a 12-step program for this?...I used to hunt deer and small game but gave it up to focus on fishing. I don't ice fish at all so I get the shakes along about now until bass opener. I got to do a bit of salmon fishing last summer on Lake Michigan and thought that was pretty awesome. Also love to tent-camp.

I fished in a B.A.S.S. Club for three years so hit lots of new lakes but fish mostly the Rum River for smallies lately due to the price of gas. Can be found on Maple, Tonka, Big Marine, Clearwater, Coon, Waconia, Koronis, and some others mostly. Want to focus on Mille Lacs for smallies this year. Fished for bass and some crappies in all the places we have lived.

We vacationed for a few years near Deer River (Island Lake) but now spend most of our vacations on Pleasant Lake near Hackensack.

Daze Off (name indicates both that I fish on my days off and what happens interiorly after time on the water)

As they say, th' th' th' that's all folks.....sorry about the length...