• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who are we? Post your Bios here!

I have night classes right now on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-10 but the hardest part is that I'm not enjoying cell biology this semester! My instructor is hard to follow and I was never that great at chemistry! It does not come naturally to me. I'm doing the pre-requ's for nursing right now. Nursing school placement in my area is based on GPA so I have to do well or not get in! Wish me luck!

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just finished 2 years of night school to get my bachelor's degree. I'm left with the bills now, and a son on his way to college...arghhhhh. My wish list includes a vexilar. I've been a hold out long enough. I fish with 2 buddies with the bells and whistles and I see the difference. 2 more hours...then I'm gone.

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke
Tami-this past summer we were trying to organize a "non-motorized" fishing GTG for all the kayak/canoe fisher-people. Maybe with a few more people getting on board we can make that happen.

\:D THAT sounds like fun. Count me in. Let me if I can help out. \:D

Back to school people.

I'm there with ya. But I might have it a bit easier. I'm in an online course through the Art Institute of Pittsburgh for Web site development. The classes are structured just like a tangable school, but we don't have to be in class at an exact time. But most everything else is the same, just more reading and typing vs. talking and listening. crazy.gif

Teresa congrates on graduation. I bet its good to get that over with!!!!!

Lisa hang in there, it'll be worth, I'm sure you'll do just fine !!!

Well, here it goes.

My name is Mark Fuhrman and I live and work in the Twin Cities area, but my REAL home is in Miltona, MN where my father still lives. I will live up there someday as I bought 80 acres from him overlooking Lake Miltona....

I love to do anything outdoors, even if it is just laying in a hammock, and so does my wife (been married for 6 years). I am blessed to jointly own (with four brothers) over 2,000 feet of lakeshore on a small lake up north (my parents paid $8,000 for this in the 1960s). This land is undeveloped, and never will be (not in my lifetime).

I am now 43 years old and work for a large company by day and coach Girls Junior Olympic Volleyball at night.

The best part of fishing and hunting is taking my nephews and nieces out and teaching them. Unfortunately, we have no kids of our own....

I also collect antique fishing lures and related items made in MN. I started this when I was a teenager...and glad I did for I wouldn't be able to afford it now.

I like to fish and hunt like my dad...no electronics, small boat and motor, never use a scope for hunting, recurve bow, tent only for camping, steel pole and old reel (at times) for fishing. This last year, I caught a fish on a lure that was more than 100 years old (I was sweating the whole time I reeled it in).

The hardest decision for me in the future, where to build on my land without "destroying" it. I just love it so much the way it is.

Oh, and I have planted over 5,000 trees by hand in the last 10 years. After I had a few bad years when many died, I have stopped (or don't plant as many).

What a great thread...here we go ~

My name is Greg Eckman. I live in Howard Lake, but was born and raised in Bemidji. Met my wife Mandy while working at TJuan's restaurant in Bemidji (me bartending, Mandy waitressing). Moved to the cities about 4 years ago, and now waiting and hoping for the day we can move back 'upnort' to raise our kids. Somewhat ironic that when I was growing up, I couldn't wait to "get out of my hometown", and now that I'm older, I can't wait to move back!

We are blessed with two healthy, happy kids -- Nicholas is 2 1/2 and Hannah will be 1 year in February. Nicholas was several weeks premature and spent time at Children's after he was born. He's all boy and doesn't wait for trouble to come find him! Hannah is just learning to walk and might just be the happiest child ever! (For those wondering, she gets this from her daddy grin.gif).

Mandy and I both commute downtown (43 miles) each day and work in the mortgage industry.

I enjoy fishing, hunting, playing golf and spending time with my wife and kids.

Here's a few photos:

CopyofIMG_0243p.jpg

CopyofIMG_0284p.jpg

CopyofIMG_0221p.jpg

CopyofIMG_0206p-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: hanson
 Originally Posted By: Daze Off
My name is Tom and I am the Parish Business Administrator at a church in Elk River.

Tom- Do you mind if I ask what church?

Not at all - Church of St. Andrew. Are you familiar with it?

lisa,lisa,lisa, look what you started cool isnt it. good luck fishin up on the burntside bash fishin trout. if we do ever meet up at rileys maybe i could get a sample of that huge trout your going to catch. need to go and do some work now. have a good one.

Lisa,

Tips on 20 years? All I know is that he still makes me laugh so hard I can't breath, or so hard I squirt my beverage out my nose! grin.gif We are each other's best friends, yet I let him do the guy stuff, and he lets me do the girl stuff. We work together every day, so it sometimes gets tense, but we like to kiss and make-up as well. ;\) Neither one of us takes life too seriously, which helps a lot!

Now, if you were to ask someone else their tips, you would get a totally different answer, I bet!

Reelemin,

I haven't fished Sara yet. I mostly have gear for bass, and I don't have a boat - other than a row boat. I haven't perfected fishing out of that and running the oars at the same time yet. \:\)

I was reading about the Sara Saturday get together. Sounds like you all had a great time. The Marshall area is a great place to live, I think. The scenery and fishing are unique compared to other parts of the state.