• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Well, it's a skinny and short fish, and it looks like it had a rough experience being caught not too long ago: but after 7 years of trying I finally broke my topwater curse. Hit a creeper in a channel between lakes. We've put 7 in the boat about that size over the past 3 weekends. No idea where the big girls are hanging out but nice to have some action at least.

full-19978-35914-img_3193.jpg

Took our honeymoon this past week up on Lake of the Woods. We had a full day guided trip up in the islands on one of the days. Which by the way is beautiful, 14,000 islands.

We had a very good morning, my husband got a hat trick. He boated a 35.5", 46" and a small one (lets just say we didn't even measure it, but hey it still counts) I boated a nice 37" pike. My husband hooked 2 others but they spit the hook next to the boat. We saw 14 in the morning, many follows but no takers on the figure 8.

Once the sun came out in the afternoon the fishing slowed down and all we saw were 2 fish.

For the last spot of the day we decided to go back to a spot where we had a hot fish in the morning. After 13 hours of casting for muskies all day, I finally boated my personal best muskie, 42". A fatty too. Hooked him on the figure 8.

full-38641-36894-46.jpg

full-38641-36895-37.jpg

full-38641-36896-42.jpg

It was an awesome day and can't wait to go back.

It was a cold cloudy rainy day. I was wet and cold, but I didn't mind because the topwater smallie bite was on! Then this musky decides to join in on the fun. It engulfed the whole topwater. However, it wasn't really hooked that good. The musky just didn't want to let go of it. It measured 48" which is my PB. I caught a 45" in 2010 in the same area. I wonder if its the same musky or a different one. Believe it or not, this was at the CR dam.

muskie002.jpg