• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

DSC02284.jpg

What do you think, Tiger or young pike. It looks to be too big to me to still have it's vertical bars if it's a pike and the spots on the tail say muskie to me, but I've been wrong before wink

Definitely a tiger... You can check the pores on the bottom of their jaw to distinguish between pike and muskie, I'm just not sure how that works with the hybrids. More than 5 pores on each side is a muskie, 5 or less on each side is a pike...

full-2297-22094-img_0336(2)(700x800).jpg

Not a giant, but another beautiful Vermilion Muskie. This one was 44. So far this year they've all been about this size. Still waiting for my first monster this year.

Esox- Thats a fat 47! I recognize the background on that pic smile

awesome fish, congrats on the milestone. I'm most impressed that it looks like high noon on a hot, sunny, calm day. I thought it was impossible to catch fish in those conditions!