• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

I too just got my first in the boat this past weekend, but it was a beauty.

A new PB at 51.5". Wish my son would have caught it at 6'5" the fish doesn't look near as big as if he would have got it and he'd have braggin rights for biggest muskie in the family by half inch over the 51" I got last fall.

full-14897-24182-2012_09_01_20_33_23_118

a 44" tiger is pretty big. If people would try to catch a 44" northern in the metro area i doubt they would go home bragging. it seems a 40"-42" tiger takes about as much time to catch as a 48"-50" pure strain muskie. just my take, but really its not easy to find one like that. i think many people don't realize that. yeah only 44" but wait. Thats a 44" that is half northern pike.

44" tiger is a true trophy, seen some other nice ones from pinkfloyd in the last couple seasons. definitely one to be proud of. lots more people have 50"s to their names than 44" tigers, i'd be really happy with that one.

that's a monster ML fish too, fish of lifetime, nice work, makes me want to go troll, would be nice to hear the story on that one.

4 years ago when i started chasing muskies and really gettin serious i put a cigar in one of my muskie boxes to smoke on my first fish 50+. well 4 years later that cigar was smoked and it didnt taste to bad either.we started the night out by trying to stay away from crowds but with the full moon just a day away and it being on a weekend the east side looked like opening weekend so we went for a long boat ride out to some rocks and thought we would troll around rock piles. first rock pile we got to didnt even get half way around it and bam she hit. could tell she was big right away with the size of the head shakes. got it in the net and she spit the hooks. pulled her out and got the measurments and went to put her back in the water and i could believe how long it took her to swim away.

iceman

Thats awesome! The hunted always tend to catch the hunter off guard and bite when you least expect it. my biggest one bit when i wasn't even looking at the water and i sure wasn't ready for it.. i was ready to pack it up that day. Its amazing how nature works.

I bet you want to go back there now and fish the rocks again?