• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Hawg

Birds Everywhere!!!!

I probably am too, but have lots of birds around.   I feed straight black sunflower seeds and some suet cakes.    Going fast.   

Just put the low platform feeder out today.   I'll put some seeds on tomorrow.   Wife calls it the Squirrel Buffet....   

I just started putting the deer food out, and the blue jays and squirrels are taking advantage of it, as it usually takes a few days for the deer to discover it. Wrapped up my yard work today, and exposed a whole bunch of acorns that the squirrels had buried into leaf piles. Going to be a breakfast buffet tomorrow morning!

Still a few juncos here. The regular crowd was busy feeding yesterday during the light rain. Slinky’s are really helping the suet feed mostly birds. I stopped putting it right on the trees and changed to plant hangers. Flying squirrels don’t bother it also.  Now they last a week or two instead of a day.  The cardinals love the meal worm feeder with the roof but I just use oils in it. Daughter finally got a feeder in elk river area and filled it with oils. Had 4 cardinals on it an hour later. Then the squirrels found it. lol. 

On 11/10/2019 at 10:17 AM, eyeguy 54 said:

Still a few juncos here. The regular crowd was busy feeding yesterday during the light rain. Slinky’s are really helping the suet feed mostly birds. I stopped putting it right on the trees and changed to plant hangers. Flying squirrels don’t bother it also.  Now they last a week or two instead of a day.  The cardinals love the meal worm feeder with the roof but I just use oils in it. Daughter finally got a feeder in elk river area and filled it with oils. Had 4 cardinals on it an hour later. Then the squirrels found it. lol. 

you feeding CBD oils to the birds now??????????:wacko::grin:

I can’t remember for sure but I think my earliest bird report of the season was for crazy early wood ducks in the spring.  I get to close the season (I think) with a report of a pair of woodies in my creek behind the house tonight.  

River is icing up big time and I shot what I thought would be my last mallard for the year Sunday evening at the creek.  Couldn’t get a good, clean shot at these woodies though so I let em be.  Maybe tomorrow, or maybe they are my nesting pair and leave them be...

57 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

You know if you feed them corn all summer, they are extra tasty and easy to shoot in the fall...😀

All the corn I have starts with an A.  And I have plenty of them.  A couple houses hung too.  Spose I should put the Free Food and Lodging sign And get some more takers. 🌰🦆👨‍🍳

I have wondered what happens to those mallards that the kids feed bread to all summer on Vermilion when duck season starts...  Summer... walk out on the dock and here they come....  Fall ????

Lots of cardinals have been congregating around the feeder this winter. 24 of them on the feeder and surrounding bushes last evening.

20200120_171817.jpg

Cardinals, a couple blue jays, and a few finches is what I have this winter. Cardinals are sure pretty against the snow. 

All I'm getting right now is sparrows and a few peckers. Nothings hitting the nyjer seed at all?  

We've been seeing 4 turkeys every day along with Dark-eyed Juncos, Chickadees, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Gold Finches, 1 Mourning Dove, Purple Finches. I think I saw a Northern Shrike or 2 the other day as well. Up to 6 Black Squirrels too.

1 hour ago, darrell1VM said:

eyeguy 54, did you build that bird house on your own? :)

😂😂😂 he's to busy fishing. 🤭

Count me in a couple mourning doves today.  Tried to get a pic of the birds on a wire but a car came by and flushed em!  Lead was about right on the first one. 😀

B5103CAB-4927-4EEB-BF7D-F6957940D07C.thumb.jpeg.c0e1f683773f170c997b06df18661406.jpeg957C0A87-0A0A-46E2-BF95-FC6F9FBFB89F.thumb.jpeg.c2ac0f157b10229b10c426dfb0b589b3.jpeg

I cant remember the last time I seen more then 2 birds at one time. been pretty quiet here on the bird front!!!!!!!😫

I’ve got 2 mourning doves that stop by at dusk every night. And about 30 blue jays throughout the day. 

chickadees just showed up at my place in elk river.  hadn't seen a chickadee in awhile since we don't have feeder going but had a handful of them hanging around the house for some reason last week.