• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

I probably am too, but have lots of birds around.   I feed straight black sunflower seeds and some suet cakes.    Going fast.   

Just put the low platform feeder out today.   I'll put some seeds on tomorrow.   Wife calls it the Squirrel Buffet....   

I just started putting the deer food out, and the blue jays and squirrels are taking advantage of it, as it usually takes a few days for the deer to discover it. Wrapped up my yard work today, and exposed a whole bunch of acorns that the squirrels had buried into leaf piles. Going to be a breakfast buffet tomorrow morning!

Still a few juncos here. The regular crowd was busy feeding yesterday during the light rain. Slinky’s are really helping the suet feed mostly birds. I stopped putting it right on the trees and changed to plant hangers. Flying squirrels don’t bother it also.  Now they last a week or two instead of a day.  The cardinals love the meal worm feeder with the roof but I just use oils in it. Daughter finally got a feeder in elk river area and filled it with oils. Had 4 cardinals on it an hour later. Then the squirrels found it. lol. 

On 11/10/2019 at 10:17 AM, eyeguy 54 said:

Still a few juncos here. The regular crowd was busy feeding yesterday during the light rain. Slinky’s are really helping the suet feed mostly birds. I stopped putting it right on the trees and changed to plant hangers. Flying squirrels don’t bother it also.  Now they last a week or two instead of a day.  The cardinals love the meal worm feeder with the roof but I just use oils in it. Daughter finally got a feeder in elk river area and filled it with oils. Had 4 cardinals on it an hour later. Then the squirrels found it. lol. 

you feeding CBD oils to the birds now??????????:wacko::grin:

I can’t remember for sure but I think my earliest bird report of the season was for crazy early wood ducks in the spring.  I get to close the season (I think) with a report of a pair of woodies in my creek behind the house tonight.  

River is icing up big time and I shot what I thought would be my last mallard for the year Sunday evening at the creek.  Couldn’t get a good, clean shot at these woodies though so I let em be.  Maybe tomorrow, or maybe they are my nesting pair and leave them be...

57 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

You know if you feed them corn all summer, they are extra tasty and easy to shoot in the fall...?

All the corn I have starts with an A.  And I have plenty of them.  A couple houses hung too.  Spose I should put the Free Food and Lodging sign And get some more takers. ???‍?

chickadees just showed up at my place in elk river.  hadn't seen a chickadee in awhile since we don't have feeder going but had a handful of them hanging around the house for some reason last week.