• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

23 hours ago, delcecchi said:

We got some cardinals, and had 3 bluejays at one time.  They are hitting it hard.    

No pics, phone doesnt' get the job done.

Are you still up north on Vermillion Del? 

I have to wait for the bears to go into hibernation before I can put any feeders out yet. I have sprinkled a few sunflower seeds on the railings of our deck and have gotten chickadees, rose breasted nuthatches and blue jays but I just don't feel comfortable with feeders yet. 

1 hour ago, chaffmj said:

Are you still up north on Vermillion Del? 

I have to wait for the bears to go into hibernation before I can put any feeders out yet. I have sprinkled a few sunflower seeds on the railings of our deck and have gotten chickadees, rose breasted nuthatches and blue jays but I just don't feel comfortable with feeders yet. 

Nope, back in Rochester.    No bears to bother my feeders only deer, racoons, and possums.   Deer came this afternoon, she was frustrated since I moved the feeders higher since she emptied them last.   So, she walked off and munched on my apple trees a while then meandered off.    

those tree rats sure made a mess of my back lawn with the black walnuts. think i had every squirrel in cold spring in my yard earlier.

wonder how many young trees i'll have sprouting next spring!!!!!!!:wacko::crazy:

these 3 still hang out a lot together. the slinkys on the feeders work sweet. once in a while one will get to the top but pretty rare. took 3 suets off trees and put on plants hangers. Much better keeping squirrels off. loaded one of the old ones 2 days ago on a tree for fun to check and gone in a day. 

512b.jpg

1023e.jpg

Is there any type of birds that will still be migrating thru central Minnesota this year? I didn't even get Juncos this year unless they are still coming. Everything gone but the winter regulars, cardinals, a few blue jays, and those stupid long neck woodpeckers. Those little house finches went from emptying 2 tube feeders a day to zero, about an inch down in the tube a week. Those things all left together it appears.