• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

On 5/12/2019 at 9:35 AM, eyeguy 54 said:

just showed up 

512c.jpg

512e.jpg

hey eyeguy.....they sell new feeders at fleet farm!!!!!!!? appears to me there was an engineering redo. a hummer feeder reenginnered to an oriole feeder. :rolleyes: 

41 minutes ago, smurfy said:

hey eyeguy.....they sell new feeders at fleet farm!!!!!!!? appears to me there was an engineering redo. a hummer feeder reenginnered to an oriole feeder. :rolleyes: 

The Orioles in our campground mug the hummer feeders!

8 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

The Orioles in our campground mug the hummer feeders!

:rolleyes: they try at my place to, they like to pull that little plastic flower thingy off to make the hole bigger for there beek!!!!!!!! it looks to me like eyeguy took that flower thingy off the feeder to fit the oriole!!!!!!

well ya... they both like my nectar. :)  I put a screw in one of the holes and keep it in back so when I try to get pics the hummers fly to the sides.  oriole landed on it and spun it before this hummer arrived.  if i get a few orioles around I just take the perch off.

37 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

well ya... they both like my nectar. :)  I put a screw in one of the holes and keep it in back so when I try to get pics the hummers fly to the sides.  oriole landed on it and spun it before this hummer arrived.  if i get a few orioles around I just take the perch off.

hey i thought you where headed up to bowstring????????????????:wacko:

38 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

It looks like your jar is cross threaded on there as well? ?

birds are crazy at the feeders. 4 male orioles fighting, pair of male cardinals going at it. plenty of yellow finches. even have a scarlet tanager here!!!!!!

the tree swallows showed up as well as a pair of wrens checking to rent!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, fishingstar said:

I just had a bird at my suit that is the size of a cardinal. It was bright red with black wings.

Anyone have a idea what it is? 

American Tanager. I had one hanging on my suet feeder most of the day yesterday. haven't seen it today, but I sure hope he sticks around!!!!!

3 hours ago, Grainbelt said:

Not sure what this bird is called. It only wanted grape jelly. The orioles were thick on the feeders, there were a dozen at a time in the crappy weather. This was in douglas county.

20190519_125343[3728].jpg

I have some of them to but don't have a glue what it is.

17 hours ago, Grainbelt said:

Not sure what this bird is called. It only wanted grape jelly. The orioles were thick on the feeders, there were a dozen at a time in the crappy weather. This was in douglas county.

20190519_125343[3728].jpg

Thats a cape may warbler. Had one here for a few days. it really liked the nutty butter suet. interesting. I posted a pic back on page 4.

30 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Pretty sure thats Wild Violet, not Hosta. Nasty stuff in a yard ..... ?

Yep, sprayed it twice in our yard and still can't kill it all!  ?