• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doe Permits

No-go for me as well.  I'm not sure what others might be seeing, but I'm seeing MANY more young bucks on my cameras this year - more than does, even, which usually dominate my picture results in early fall. They're almost all 1.5-2.5 year old deer with smaller fork or six pt racks.  I usually see nothing but does on non-permit years as well, but I'm optimistic that there will be a couple of eager young bucks in teh mix as well.

I posted pics of a little sparring match I caught on one of my cameras between two young bachelors on the photography forum.

so on the dnr page  it says i didn't get drawn for a doe permit but one showed up in the mail today....what up with that?

gives me hope I get one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!:D the DNR  wouldn't make mistakes!!!!!!!:P:sick:

I got one, my dad got one and at least 3 others in our group got one.

Went out to my son's stand to scout and we ended up seeing nearly a dozen deer out at dusk. 

Now that a noisy few got the audit thing passed there is silence on the lack of deer that are supposedly out there. Do you suppose the whole thing worked so good that it caused the population to rebound before the audit even happened and a single change suggested by said audit was implemented?

I think it's kind of funny that we (me included) wait with excitement to see the lottery results for a doe tag in Minnesota.  Ends up being the talk at work for a few days. "Did you get your doe tag?''   "I sure did (beaming with pride like a first time father)"

I think it's kind of funny that we (me included) wait with excitement to see the lottery results for a doe tag in Minnesota.  Ends up being the talk at work for a few days. "Did you get your doe tag?''   "I sure did (beaming with pride like a first time father)"

I hear ya, the first year I was able to deer hunt I was 12 years old and back then, it didn't matter your age, you had to apply for a doe permit. I'm now at the age where if I shoot a deer great, if not, great, but I still get a little excited to get drawn!