• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

I dont know man. We are talking about a 4 year old kid here and PLENTY of pictures to prove the actions. I personally dont have a problem with the whipping, but when it draws blood, and he is stuffing leaves in the mouth that is an image that doesnt sit well with lots of people including me. I tink you might be underestimating how badly Goddell needs to get this right or there is gonna be huge pressure for him to be gone. I see him making an example out of Peterson and then deal with the fallout from the NFLPA, etc later.

I think if there were no pictures he would be playing next Sunday, but just like with the RR knockout the visual evidence just enrages people and the media too much to let them off easy. If I were betting I would say NFL suspends him starting now. Then they say all the other games he missed before were voluntary by the Vikes. Personally, the shame alone not to mention the money have been punishment enough.

Buck, I think I'd agree with almost everything you said IF he was pleading this way 3 weeks from now (when his trial is expected to begin). I'd have said there's no way he's playing this season as goodell would want to make an example out of him to show everyone he 'got it right'. However, I have to think there's a reason he's pleading this far in advance, and I think he was dangled a carrot of being able to play.

If they were going to be tougher on him, surely his high powered lawyers would be in the know there. You know they have to be negotiating with the league and the team through this whole plea bargain process. Anyway, if they had indications that he wasn't going to play anyway, then I'd think they would have advised him to just stay quiet, remain on the exempt list for 3 more weeks (getting 2.1 million more in free pay), and THEN plead out just prior to the trial starting Dec 1.

I just don't see there being an incentive for him to plead out the week before the bye if he's not going to play anyway. Promises might have been made to get him in now.

We'll see soon enough.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be in the Vikings best interest to let him play a couple games this year to showcase him for an offseason trade. If they dont play him, he will have little value, and therefore he would have to be cut to rid his contract, and we get nothing for him. I am thinking the league reinstates him, with paying back 6 weeks of pay, the Vikings will leave him benched for a couple weeks, to allow things to cool off, then he will come out and be the starter for the last few weeks of the season. Knowing, if he tears up the field, he will get paid accordingly, if he doesnt do anything, he will be cut, and will have to be resigned, for a much smaller contract.

I personally think this years salary should all be donated to a children's abuse, or domestic abuse charity. It isnt like the NFL needs his fine money.

AP will be in a Vikings uniform AND playing the next time they hit the field (probably starting) The NFL will make some excuse as his sitting out as his suspension (time served) and will heavily fine him. The Vikings will follow their lead. This has all been mapped out since the day he was charged. Also there will be more cheering than booing.

AP will be in a Vikings uniform AND playing the next time they hit the field (probably starting) The NFL will make some excuse as his sitting out as his suspension (time served) and will heavily fine him. The Vikings will follow their lead. This has all been mapped out since the day he was charged. Also there will be more cheering than booing.

There's a good deal of specific language in the CBA that supports your thoughts exactly. I'd say there's at least a 75% chance we see AP against Chicago at this point. There will be plenty of blowback and pitchforks for Goodell, but he simply has to point to the CBA and say "this was what we all agreed on." I'd say we'll hear by Friday of this week...

The NFL's biggest mistake in all of this is not having set guidelines for handling player discipline. Its all handled on a whim based on trying to appease the owners, fans, media, and general public. They hand out one decision but will change it the second the media and public show any displeasure.

Its in their own best interest to sit down with the players union and put together a rigid set of guidelines for handling discipline for various offenses. That way when the next situation comes up (and there will be another one) they can easily pass down their decision and point to the established guidelines that have been negotiated by both parties. No handing out one punishment only to change it after gauging public opinion.

The NFL's biggest mistake in all of this is not having set guidelines for handling player discipline. Its all handled on a whim based on trying to appease the owners, fans, media, and general public. They hand out one decision but will change it the second the media and public show any displeasure.

Its in their own best interest to sit down with the players union and put together a rigid set of guidelines for handling discipline for various offenses. That way when the next situation comes up (and there will be another one) they can easily pass down their decision and point to the established guidelines that have been negotiated by both parties. No handing out one punishment only to change it after gauging public opinion.

They did this following the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson incidents, and came up with a 6 game suspension without pay for first time offenders. I would think it'd be fair for both parties to fine him the worth of 6 games, and move on allowing him to play against the Bears.

I realize they came up with the 6 game thing for domestic violence but they haven't been implementing it at least not evenly across the board. Ray Rice has already served more than 6 games and still remains banned indefinitely.

Even with the 6 game suspension in play they still didn't know what to do with AP before the case went to trial which led to the commissioners exempt list and that only came after a one game deactivation and reinstatement by the vikings.

They may say they have guidelines but they still look lost every time something happens and are left scrounging for answers that will appease the masses. They need to get a process established and stick to it.

As far as AP goes I think they have to let him play again. He's served an 8 game suspension and will likely have to pay back some if not all of those game checks but what more can they do as an employer? He's had his day in court and will pay the debt that the courts say he owes for his crime.

Hitting his son like he did was beyond wrong but how much more can you punish a guy. Does one instance of bad behavior mean you are no longer allowed in the league? If so teams are going to have to switch to 9 man football pretty soon because rosters will be cut in half.

Isn't playing for the Vikings for the remaining 6 games of the season punishment enough?

C'Mon MAN. Where's the love. I am going on a limb here -- I'll predict that if AP starts against the bears and doesn't get hurt the rest of the season, the vikes will be playing in the superbowl. Call it far-fetched if you want.

I would think that Peterson returning would help Kalil step back from the edge of turdville as well. He is really good at run blocking, its the pass blocking that is the issue for him and TW has been throwing more than he should. I am starting to get worried that if he has to throw the ball 40 times against the Bears that Jared Allen might double his season sack total of 1.5 for $32 million over 4 years with $15 million guaranteed.

I'll predict that if AP starts against the bears and doesn't get hurt the rest of the season, the vikes will be playing in the superbowl. Call it far-fetched if you want.

And the most purple cool aid drunk post of the year goes to.............. Lol

That one is pretty good, anything can happen but that would be a miracle.

I believe the Vikes record would have another win or two on it if AP played the whole year up to this point.

We'd have to play hella D and run the clock well to stand a chance against some of the high powered teams in the league. We aren't going to win any high scoring shoot outs against them.

I really like our young team but some of the better QBs in the league would pick the holes we have apart.

Peterson is old and washed up.

Peterson is a child beater.

Peterson wouldn't make a difference for the rest of this year.

Peterson should be traded ASAP.

Oh um, thought I was someone else there for a minute! eek