• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Old

With this new proposal moving about the the crossbow, I read an aarticle from a hunter saying he never sees anyone older than 55 years old in the field bow hunting. I thought that didn't sound right, so I'm asking, how old are you guys that bow hunt? I'm 49.

I'm 38. I don't agree with mrklean- I think there's a significant drop off in the number of bowhunters once they hit about 50. Of course, I have no real evidence for this besides what I've seen in the field. I know a lot of 50+ year olds who shoot their bows a lot, but not a lot of them who still hunt.

In 12 years I plan on being a 50 year old who will bowhunt for a couple more decades...

I'm 29 and still climbing the trees like a squirrel but I will be in your peoples shoes soon.My familly say they will find me dead still clutching my bow in the woods and know to incinerate me and put the urn in my favorite stand and let me spend my time in the tree.

I turn 49 this year. My brother is 51 his wife is fifty four. She rifle hunts every year. Last year she pick up a bow and would like to take a deer with one. She doesn't like the tall stands. Still hunting in tree stands. Most of are deer stands are ladder and are all twenty feet in the air. As well as ground blinds. Last season me and my brother tried to put a couple more deer down in the last four weeks of December. We moved are ladder stand three time's in four weeks. Plus set up double bull blind at least three time's in different locations to try an pattern the deer. ( Remember how deep the snow was?) Paid for that weeks after that. Brother took a nice doe a few days before Christmas. I missed on the very last day of the season. We've done a late season push the last three years, doing just what we like to do bow hunt. Opening of turkey hunting March 14 we are having a little contest to see who gets the first bird. Had back surgery two years ago. Hope to do it as long as I can.

45 and can still out climb my teenage son. Hoping my active lifestyle ang good agility keep me "climbing the trees" for a LONG time yet. When the old "thump-thumper" quits trying to jump outa my throat at the sight of a deer, I'll take up GOLF.

27 and surprisingly still able to mosey up a tree time after time without any aches and pains!! wink

Enjoy it while you can. It ain't always gonna be so. frowngrin

52 but have given up the pegs and clamp on for a ladder stand. One of the reasons is I hated ripping out the pockets of my hunting jackets when they got hung up on the pegs on the way down! Yuuug! crylaugh

Quote:
My Dad's 87 and still bowhunting!

That's impressive for sure. I'm 29, so I've got a few good years left ahead of me yet. My grandpa's 73 and spends almost as much time in the woods as me. Back down the draw weight, use ground blinds and double ladders, bigger sight pins, and you're set.