• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Deer Photo's

Nice deer everyone. I have yet to see a buck older than 1.5 yrs so I have been holding out for a mature buck. But today I did something that brought me a huge smile. I took my friends 10 yr old son out to my stand. It was his first hunt with his own tag. He shot at a nice doe and nailed it. Perfect double lung shot at 40 yrds. It was awesome to be a part of that! Good luck to everyone still hunting. I know I will be out there waiting for the big one!

The youngest of our 3 boys decided he was ready to deer hunt this year. Has been and still is the computer wizz of the family so the outdoors never appealed to him. But I think hes got the bug now! I was able to experience it all with him side by side. He spotted the does first and this guy trailing them for a broad side shot at 70 yards. He also was the one who blood trailed it with very little guidance by me (except to say he needed to slow down) he was way excited!. Not a bad start for a first deer.

DSC01004.jpg

The "Arola Gang" did well again on opening day, hunting north of Nashwauk, where they have been harvesting deer for decades. On the right is "master hunter" Don Arola (age 81), of Nashwauk. In the middle is his son David and on the left his grandson Rob, both from Pine City. Don started deer hunting in 1940, after the Armistice Day blizzard, and recalls the snow was up to his waist! Way to go guys. Nice job! full-130-3427-scan0001.jpg

Great photos, everyone! I'll be hitting a buddy's deer shack near Bovey for a couple days, and these have me even MORE inspired! gringrin

Greg, love to see the history in that photograph. Our American culture too often pushes old people into obscurity instead of relishing their rich experience and perspective. Great to see the grand old man Arola is still passing on lore to later generations. smile

Congrats all.

I really enjoy all the photos.

Keep them coming.

I posted this in the Duluth forum but it should be here.

Morning was windy with light snow but Jr got it done before the snow stated to come down hard.

A doe came in at around 9AM.

One great shot from Jr and she was done.

Jr was pumped and ready to climb down.

Whoa Son, she came in nervous just wait a while.

Two minutes later a fork buck on her trail.

Up till this point he has passed on a lot of small bucks. full-831-3337-dad&frankdeer.jpg

One great shot and he was down too.

After visiting both deer and some quick pics Jr started is first field dressing. A little coaching and not a bean nor leak was shed.

Same went for dressing job #2.

Registered the deer and was back home at 11:AM

A great end to the 2010 Whitetail Hunt.

My dad got the big boy we picked up on the trail cam before season. My dad's biggest buck thus far. 10pts and dressed at 187. Was heading into the swamp before he hit the grunt call, came in on a string broadside at 30 yds. He is definitely a believer in the grunt call now!

full-4326-3456-img_0920.jpg

full-4326-3457-mdgc0061.jpg