• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Deer Photo's

Read page 78 in the handbook under Buck-cross tagging. does this apply to only area 300 or to the entire state? I read it as to apply to all hunters, license types and seasons, which means all areas, thus, the entire state.....what is your take on it?

Wow there's a beaut. Wall hanger? Congrats on the trophy...

Thanks fishinfey8. This one is going on the wall for sure as I have not shot anything like it in years past and we don't see any this size on the family farm I hunt. The funny part of the story is that he came out only 40 minutes into the start of the ND season and that was it for me.

full-1027-3022-hunting2010008.jpg

My daughters first deer ever, after hunting for 3 years and not even seen a deer. My wife (who is not a hunter...yet) sat with her. The whole county could hear them screaming excitedly when she shot.

full-1027-3023-hunting2010020.jpg

My sons first deer. I was the lucky one that got to sit with him when he shot this nice doe. You can see the stand in the background.

I am extremely proud of both kids.

My dad and I did our remote wilderness hunt again this year opening weekend. I didn't see a buck worth shooting, but my dad got a pretty nice 10 pointer Sunday at 10:00 a.m. What a beautiful day. Dead calm and the woods was literally alive with activity all day. Public land and we have about 2 square miles all to ourselves. Didn't see a speck of orange all weekend. It doesn't get any better than that. Headed back up this weekend and hopefully Lady Luck will be on my side this time!

full-28108-3029-pb081356.jpg

My dad and I did our remote wilderness hunt again this year opening weekend. I didn't see a buck worth shooting, but my dad got a pretty nice 10 pointer Sunday at 10:00 a.m. What a beautiful day. Dead calm and the woods was literally alive with activity all day. Public land and we have about 2 square miles all to ourselves. Didn't see a speck of orange all weekend. It doesn't get any better than that. Headed back up this weekend and hopefully Lady Luck will be on my side this time!

full-28108-3029-pb081356.jpg

no wiser do you guys backpack back in or use wheelers? I have alsways wanted to do this type of deer hunting as I also hunt public land but am getting sick of the crowds. Great deer by the way.

full-33562-3044-148.jpg

I'm working on a stone chimney across from the main entrance to UMD this big boy was guarding a doe fro an 8 pointer and a fork horn, I started getting a little to close for comfort, he put his head down and took a few steps toward me....I quikly retreated and went back to work.

I was hunting this guy, but unfortunatly the neighbor got him opening day. I didn't get any after pics because he already had it hanging, but he was a giant bodied deer. The rack isn't bad either...G2's wee both over 11"! I am jealous and bummed, but relieved to know I won't be hunting a ghost next weekend. full-20564-3056-mdgc0022.jpg