• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Minnesota Restuarant (non-chain)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pastrami Jack's on Shady Oak just south of Cty 62 in Eden Prairie/Mtka. has the most killer Rueben on the planet. Not to mention everything else they serve is huge portions. You can't eat a whole sandwich and go back to work.

Quote:
Pastrami Jack's on Shady Oak just south of Cty 62 in Eden Prairie/Mtka. has the most killer Rueben on the planet. Not to mention everything else they serve is huge portions. You can't eat a whole sandwich and go back to work.

I just heard that Pastrami Jack's is closed, shame because they were always a favorite lunch place when meeting with people for lunch down that way. Although, if you liked Jack's be sure to check out Jason's Deli over by Eden Prairie Center, another client turned me on to them and the food is fantastic...

I can't believe I forgot my 2 favorite fast food places.

There is Gordy's HiHat in Cloquet, tasty burgers.

And in St. Paul there is Mavericks. I'm not sure I would call it true fast food but its ready in minutes. If you are in the mood for any sort of BBQ sandwich this is your place. The fries and onion rings are good as well and they are made fresh for each customer so there isn't a bunch of fries sitting there getting cold waiting for someone to buy them.

What an awesome thread. I travel a fair amount for work, so now when I'm heading to a city I check this thread for any of these recommendations. Had a great burger and rings at Gordy's HiHat last week in Cloquet.

Let's keep this one going!

I used to live in Wadena, and there are a couple good restaurants there. The Uptown has an excellent 16-oz sirloin steak, and some of the best buffalo chicken I have had anywhere (in boneless wing form, or fillet/sandwich form).

The Pine Cove Inn, just north of Wadena on Highway 71 (right next to the golf course) has ribs that are as good as any I have had anywhere else.

Scott Ja Mamas is great! You can get a huge BBQ beef sandwich, cole slaw, twice baked potato, chips and a can of pop for around $6. I haven't tried their ribs, but if they taste like the BBQ beef, I'll have to try it.

By the way, don't plan on dining in. There's only 2 tables.

great tread!!

clancys?? in Jordan,Mn mmmm broasted chicken.Good pizza too.

The pickle factory in Nisswa for their saurkraut pizza

Jakes pizza in willmar.

I agree with the ahi taco from melvins in spicer.

Lions tap burgers,shakopee(I think it is their Ice cold beer)

Hillcrest breakfast BLT(blt with a fried egg and a piece of

cheese on it.

Also agree with James hardy ribs in Rochester.

Now I feel like I should get in my truck and drive somewhere to eat!!

I was reading through this thread and was very surprised that it took so long for someone to finally mention Gordie's Hi-Hat in Cloquet. It's a tradition for us to stop there whenever we are passing through on our way up to Ely or Lake Vermilion. The place is always packed with people!

Northern Lights Restaurant on highway 61 up the north shore. They have a very good menu; it's a little pricey, but very tasty!!!

I agree with this one, My wife and I swung in there a few years ago. They had a buffet which was great and they had a smelt fry! Good pie, too!

The guy that mentioned Lion's Taps its in Eden Prairie dont want anybody looking for it Shakopee. Also for Gary C. The mexican place on the west side of Shakopee are you talking about taco loco?

My Fave's

Pizza- Joey Nova's Execelsior, Cossetta's St. Paul, Pagliai's Pizza Mankato awesome lunch special for cheap on a perfect sized pie for lunch.

Hamburger's- Blue Door Pub st. paul try their pb, bacon and pepper jack it works for some odd reason I can't explain and no alcohol was consumed before eating it, Da Nook on Hamline, and the town talk diner in minneapolis try the brat burger.

Deli- Mort's in Golden Valley or Crossroads deli in Hopkins for some awesome matzo ball soup.

Greek Christos in Minnetonka, Minneapolis or ST.Paul.

Mexican- Taco Loco Shakopee on the east or west side now

Jake O'connor's has good Irish eats in Excelsior they make a mean chicken pot pie and the Potato soup is really good.

Desserts and Baked Goods Try Patrick's bakery and cafe by Southdale or Patisserie Margo in Excelsior.

I like the Sprtsmans cafe in Mora for their stuffed hashbrowns as well as the windmill in Savage for theirs and I dont wanna know what it looks like inside the kitchen.

For Thai I like Spice Thai in Savage for some mean yellow, and red curry their lunch menu is great

Barbecue I like Baker's ribs in EP for their sauce and I like Roosters on randolph in ST. Paul for their chopped pork and ribs.

Brasa has the best rotisserie chicken in minnesota.

For great German food try the Brauhaus in Motley.

Holy Moly Am I hungry.

Im gonna throw out two of them. One is Pagliais Pizza in Mankato. The other is the restaraunt on Rapidan Dam. The DAM restaraunt I believe it is called, if its still open. No better then being able to catch a montster in the river and then eat a good burger 5 minutes later.