• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Minnesota Restuarant (non-chain)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When heading up north on 35W, there is a BP gas station with a CAFE attached at the Grantsburg/Hwy 70 ramp, just before Pine City. The food won't blow your socks off but it's decent, at a good price, and is a friendly place. A buddy's wife always insists on dropping in for the dumpling soup. I don't think there is a name except for CAFE on the side of the building.

K&B Drive-in near Cloquet is always good for anything deep-fried.

I love this thread, I have so many new ideas for places to go eat now! I can't wait! Thanks everyone. A few of my favorites:

Burger - The Nook (Hamline/Randolph - St. Paul)

Pizza - Grampa Tony's (Snelling - St. Paul)

- Savoy's is also phenomenal as mentioned before

Everything - The Lexington (Lexington/Grand - St. Paul)old time supper club atmosphere. Everything is fantastic!

Breakfast - Louisiana Cafe (Dale/Selby - St. Paul) Not exactly cheap, but huge portions and best Eggs Benedict and hash browns that I've had.

I'm excited to try Brasa's, haven't tried it yet.

You can probably tell I don't get out of St. Paul much. smile

The best prime rib in the state is in Orr, MN at the Dam Supper Club Saturday evenings! (They might have a facebook page with a menu whistle) They also have homemade chicken dumpling soup Saturday night as well. We have tried a lot of the offerings on the menu and they are all good. The prime rib is still the best!!

My wife has been to Nacho Mama's in Stillwater a couple of times and liked that as well.

Zimmy's bar and grill in Hibbing has some pretty good eats.

There's a little Mexican place in Prescott right next to the subway that will take your fresh catch and make you fish taco's!!!!!!

breakfast - "The Lumberjack" at Big Sandy Lodge, McGregor. Closed now cry

lunch - Coneys at the Gopher Bar, Saint Paul

Steak - Mortons, downtown MPLS.

sushi - Sakura, Saint Paul

Pizza - Savoys, hands down.

I am pretty sure Morton's is closed in MPLS now as well. Guess your stuck with Murray's or Manny's!! :} Both excellent!

I love this thread, I have so many new ideas for places to go eat now! I can't wait! Thanks everyone. A few of my favorites:

Everything - The Lexington (Lexington/Grand - St. Paul)old time supper club atmosphere. Everything is fantastic!

Breakfast - Louisiana Cafe (Dale/Selby - St. Paul) Not exactly cheap, but huge portions and best Eggs Benedict and hash browns that I've had.

If all you want is good food there isn't much reason to leave St. Paul.

Have you tried Punch Pizza yet? There is a sit down place on Cleavland just north of Ford Prky or there is the newer on on Grand. If you go to the one on Cleavland order the Da Michelle calzone.

Another good breakfast spot is the Highland Grill across from the Highland Theatre.

Sammy's Pizza: It all started in Hibbing and they expanded around the few state area and are still family run. They recently (past few years) opened up in Coon Rapid and Brooklyn Park. My favorite pizza. It is run by the Perella family and they are great people.

Bimbos north of Chisholm: Great wings and pizza in a great setting. A long day working out in the woods or hunting, and oooohhhh baby! Good eats (and drink).

Originally Posted By: The J-Man!

If all you want is good food there isn't much reason to leave St. Paul.

Have you tried Punch Pizza yet? There is a sit down place on Cleavland just north of Ford Prky or there is the newer on on Grand. If you go to the one on Cleavland order the Da Michelle calzone.

Another good breakfast spot is the Highland Grill across from the Highland Theatre.

I have had Punch Pizza on Grand. They are very tasty pizzas. A little different than your average pizza pie.

Highland Grill is a good breakfast place, I agree.

Breakfast... Lake Cafe in Big Lake, right on Hwy 10, everything is homemade and portions are huge. Omlettes like footballs.

Dinner... Jack and Jim's... middle of nowhere and great food. Be prepared to wait!

Lots of great little cafes/joints where the food is better than most chains out there, check em out.

I would vote for the Palisade Cafe in Palisade for breakfast , the ultimate omelete is enough to keep you going all day.

For lunch the nook in st. paul and it has been along time but

Victorias Italian in rochester was one of the best meals i have ever had.

One of the guys that owned bimbo's just past away not that long ago!

Forgot to mention Dave's Pizza in Virginia. Awesome pizza and once you have one of there subs you'll never have subway again!

A second for Dave's pizza and subs.

For Gyros, Coneys, and Coney burgers: The Deluxe Coney Island on 1st St in Duluth (not the original on Superior St or the one in the mall, you have to go the one on 1st St.)

Your right sammy's Pizzas are great, they are run by Tony Jerulle and his brother and another guy i can remember his name, the three just bought a restuarant in International Falls, heard it is good